Sign in to follow this  
Paul Thiessen

Dvd Vs Download, And Dvd Menu Styles?

Question

Hi! Is there a difference in the content of what you get between the dvd and download purchase option? In particular, do one (or both) come with additional DVD menu styles?

17 answers to this question

Hi! Is there a difference in the content of what you get between the dvd and download purchase option? In particular, do one (or both) come with additional DVD menu styles?

There are 84 +/- menu styles, in the downloaded version. I don't know about the boxed version.

There are 84 +/- menu styles, in the downloaded version. I don't know about the boxed version.

GPB:

I think that is about a dozen more than EMC 10. Anyone care to share anything about the "new" styles?

GPB:

I think that is about a dozen more than EMC 10. Anyone care to share anything about the "new" styles?

Ahh, now you made me have to go and take a look. :) There are 83 menu styles, and outside of the default menu, I don't know which ones are different than the ones in version 10.

Ahh, now you made me have to go and take a look. :) There are 83 menu styles, and outside of the default menu, I don't know which ones are different than the ones in version 10.

I'm a patient guy -- 3 kids does that to you. :rolleyes:

I'll be looking around to see if someone comments on the new menu styles -- its one of the principle reasons I'd buy C '09-- I'm big into menus! :rolleyes:

Edited by Syrallas

These are from EMC10 (left) and C2009 (right). Sorry, I am having a hard time lining up the top.

post-114-1219976012.jpgpost-114-1219976055.jpg

Edited by malatekid

These are from EMC10 (left) and C2009 (right). Sorry, I am having a hard time lining up the top.

post-114-1219976012.jpgpost-114-1219976055.jpg

Thanks very much!

I'll take a look at these and compare....

How was that for service, Tom? You can't complain about that, can you :) Thanks Jess.

How was that for service, Tom? You can't complain about that, can you :) Thanks Jess.

You're welcome.

Tom, email me for my home address to send the service fee. ;)

I'm big into menus! :rolleyes:

Don't you make your own?

Don't you make your own?

The background images and music, yes, but I especially look at the little objects that the separate chapter images appear in for a given menu, how many chapters / per page, the way they appear on the screen, stuff like that. I also like looking at the default length of audio for a given menu. :rolleyes:

Edited by Syrallas

on EMC 10, I counted 72 menu styles. I just installed 2009, and it has 78 styles. I also installed the Blu ray plug in that is 'advertised' as offering 20 high def styles.....I can't find them anywhere! To be honest, apart from the slick interface, once past that, all looks exactly the same as EMC10. I realize 'under the hood' things may be different, but having spent the money I feel cheated....once again.

I was hoping that Roxio would add more editing features, more menu's, perhaps animated special effects, etc.....I realize support for HD and Blu Ray is a big deal, but I was hoping for more than they delivered. If you don't have a HD camcorder, there is not ANY reason to upgrade to 2009....in my opinion.

wow, you made me go back and check again.....I only have 78 menu styles in 2009. I purchased it and received it in the mail. My EMC version has 72 menu styles. I also installed the blu ray plug in that is supposed to have 20 high def menus but I can't find them...

on EMC 10, I counted 72 menu styles. I just installed 2009, and it has 78 styles. I also installed the Blu ray plug in that is 'advertised' as offering 20 high def styles.....I can't find them anywhere! To be honest, apart from the slick interface, once past that, all looks exactly the same as EMC10. I realize 'under the hood' things may be different, but having spent the money I feel cheated....once again.

I was hoping that Roxio would add more editing features, more menu's, perhaps animated special effects, etc.....I realize support for HD and Blu Ray is a big deal, but I was hoping for more than they delivered. If you don't have a HD camcorder, there is not ANY reason to upgrade to 2009....in my opinion.

wow, you made me go back and check again.....I only have 78 menu styles in 2009. I purchased it and received it in the mail. My EMC version has 72 menu styles. I also installed the blu ray plug in that is supposed to have 20 high def menus but I can't find them...

Did you try changing your project to a Hi Def type? Hi def menus probably wouldn't show up as a choice on a standard dvd project.

Did you try changing your project to a Hi Def type? Hi def menus probably wouldn't show up as a choice on a standard dvd project.

Okay, this time I selected blu ray, and I also checked in as a AVCHD project,NOW I get 83 menus (as other posts have indicated), BUT, only 5 are labeled 'HD'. I thought that according to the Web site, there were "20" HD menu's......where are they?

Okay, this time I selected blu ray, and I also checked in as a AVCHD project,NOW I get 83 menus (as other posts have indicated), BUT, only 5 are labeled 'HD'. I thought that according to the Web site, there were "20" HD menu's......where are they?
I don't find that anywhere on their product websites, so I don;t know where you got that impression from.

You can use any of the 83 themes in an HD project.

I don't find that anywhere on their product websites, so I don;t know where you got that impression from.

You can use any of the 83 themes in an HD project.

I figured it out myself and will explain. First of all though, if you click on the "blu ray plug in" and read about it, it WILL mention "20 hd menu's" in the text. I went back to the 'change menu styles" and found the 83 mentioned before, including 5 HD menus....BUT there is a check box for HD ONLY. when you check that, you WILL find 20 menu styles (still only 5 labeled HD). But presumably the rest are 'upgraded' to HD quality

Sign in to follow this