Can't Get Dvd Builder To Work Correctly

ropengody

Question

I am working w/DVD builder it has been a couple of weeks since I have worked on my last project. I am now getting into it and my 4 hours of hard work is GONE!!! There is a white title square but when I click on it, it won't let me go into the storyboard. It won't let me add pics to that title but it will let me do a new title. I have taken off IE7 and WMP 11. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times shut system down etc... STILL WON'T WORK!! I have contacted cust serv but I am still waiting for an e-mail from them. Any help is greatly appreciated

4 answers to this question

I just decided to start over on my DVD Builder project. And it did it to me again. When I closed it last night ALL WAS WELL!!! I got into it just now and ALL my pics are gone. It shows my background picture and where the title square was is now just a blank square. I can't get into it to story board or anything. UGHHHH please help...

I am working w/DVD builder it has been a couple of weeks since I have worked on my last project. I am now getting into it and my 4 hours of hard work is GONE!!! There is a white title square but when I click on it, it won't let me go into the storyboard. It won't let me add pics to that title but it will let me do a new title. I have taken off IE7 and WMP 11. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times shut system down etc... STILL WON'T WORK!! I have contacted cust serv but I am still waiting for an e-mail from them. Any help is greatly appreciated

Try doing a Windows Search for a .dmsm file ( if you made it in VideoWave ) or a .dmsd file ( if you made it in DVD Builder) You might have to use the advanced search to set it to search in hidden files and folders, but I don't think it's hidden.

When you find the correct file, double click on the file that you found in the search and see if it will open.

It is possible that the file is corrupt and you can't recover it, but it's worth a try.

Also, make certain that you don't have WinXP SP3 installed. If that's installed, you have to uninstall that before you can uninstall IE 7. Problems with titles on a DVD Builder menu are usually because of IE 7.

Let us know what you find.

I am able to find it in the .dmsd search and open it up in the search. It will go to the main page but no longer has the picture I have for the title. It is just a white square. When I click on the square you are usually able to go to the storyboard from there. However it won't give me that option. The middle toolbar is not available.

Archived