• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Install Problem

StarDrifter

Question

I completed the download of Creator 2009 Ultimate and waited for the installation to proceed. NOTHING! I continued manually, untill all applications were installed. After restarting and trying to open the applications, I discovered that all of them worked except Cineplayer and Creator 2009 Ultimate. These two brought up a "Send Error Report" Box. Tech Support suggested the Clean Install approach... that complicated everything.

I followed the Clean Install Instructions, but when I got to step 4, there were 2 files and 3 folders which I placed on the desktop (per the Clean Install Instructions) because I could not delete them. These 2 files and 3 folders could not be deleted after restarting either and Roxio, Bias and SmartSound applications still appeared in "Add/Remove Programs" and also in my Start Menu. I removed them from the "Add/Remove Programs," but I did not remove them from my Start Menu yet.

Below are the Files and Folders I could not delete from my Desktop.

The 2 files are: DC_ShellExt.dll and SaibSVC

The 3 folders (the Installs): FN56G010R14 Creator Ultimate_11.0

FQ01B010000 Creator Ultimate3rdPartySW

FP19AZS0SQA_EMC Content_7Lang

This is the first time I've tried Roxio. I read great things about it, but now I'm wondering if I should have upgraded to the current version of Nero.

STARDRIFTER :unsure:

System: MOBO: Asus Maximus Formula, Intel Pentium D 955 Extreme Edition 3.46 GHz Processor (1066MHz FSB Dual Core), 2GB Corsair Dominator SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500 Dual Channel Kit W/Corsair Dominator Fan), Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Power supply, Hard Drive 1: Western Digital 250 GB SATA II (7200RPM, 16MB Cache), Hard Drive 2: Western Digital 250 GB SATA II (7200RPM, 16MB Cache), RAID Setup: RAID 0 (Data Striping), Optical Drive 1: Sony 16X DVD-ROM, Optical Drive 2: Lite-On 16X DVD+/-RW 48X CD-R/RW (LightScribe), Floppy Media: Sony 1.44MB, High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable & DSL, Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS W/IO Unit, Speaker System: Creative Labs L-Intrigue 2.1 3800, Video Cards: CrossFire 2X ATI Radeon 3870 512MB PCI-E 2.0, Cooling: Extreme Blizzard Liquid Chilled (CPU & Video Cards), Case Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (Blue Edition, Cold Cathode Tubes), TV Tuner: Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick, Monitors: Samsung 244T 24" LCD & Samsung 215TW 22" LCD, Keyboard: Logitech G15, Mouse: Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman, OS Microsoft Windows XP Pro, Linksys 2.4 GHz Wireless G USB Adaptor, Computer Case: CoolerMaster CM Stacker830.

12 answers to this question

Rather than do the Clean-Install again I restored a previous backup and downloaded Creator 2009 Ultimate again. This time the install went smoothly, but unfortunately the result was the same. I did look at what the error signature contained. Here it is: EventType: clr20r3 P1: roxiocentralfx.exe P2: 4.12.0.0 P3: 48a05348 P4: roxiocentralfx P5: 0.0.0.0 P6: 48a05348 P7: 17e P8: 12 P9: systembadimageformatexception

There is a great deal more in the actual report (far too much detail to include. I have no idea what the problem is and if it cannot be resolved I will request a refund and switch to Nero.

StarDrifter :huh:

I completed the download of Creator 2009 Ultimate and waited for the installation to proceed. NOTHING! I continued manually, untill all applications were installed. After restarting and trying to open the applications, I discovered that all of them worked except Cineplayer and Creator 2009 Ultimate. These two brought up a "Send Error Report" Box. Tech Support suggested the Clean Install approach... that complicated everything.

I followed the Clean Install Instructions, but when I got to step 4, there were 2 files and 3 folders which I placed on the desktop (per the Clean Install Instructions) because I could not delete them. These 2 files and 3 folders could not be deleted after restarting either and Roxio, Bias and SmartSound applications still appeared in "Add/Remove Programs" and also in my Start Menu. I removed them from the "Add/Remove Programs," but I did not remove them from my Start Menu yet.

Below are the Files and Folders I could not delete from my Desktop.

The 2 files are: DC_ShellExt.dll and SaibSVC

The 3 folders (the Installs): FN56G010R14 Creator Ultimate_11.0

FQ01B010000 Creator Ultimate3rdPartySW

FP19AZS0SQA_EMC Content_7Lang

This is the first time I've tried Roxio. I read great things about it, but now I'm wondering if I should have upgraded to the current version of Nero.

STARDRIFTER :unsure:

[snip]

System: MOBO: Asus Maximus Formula, Intel Pentium D 955 Extreme Edition 3.46 GHz Processor (1066MHz FSB Dual Core), 2GB Corsair Dominator SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500 Dual Channel Kit W/Corsair Dominator Fan), Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Power supply, Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS W/IO Unit, Speaker System: Creative Labs L-Intrigue 2.1 3800, Video Cards: CrossFire 2X ATI Radeon 3870 512MB PCI-E 2.0, Cooling: Extreme Blizzard Liquid Chilled (CPU & Video Cards), Case Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (Blue Edition, Cold Cathode Tubes), TV Tuner: Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick, Monitors: Samsung 244T 24" LCD & Samsung 215TW 22" LCD, Keyboard: Logitech G15, Mouse: Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman, OS Microsoft Windows XP Pro, Linksys 2.4 GHz Wireless G USB Adaptor, Computer Case: CoolerMaster CM Stacker830.

Great bragging rights on the computer! A portion of your system specs are something that I have had on my wish list for the past month. Yours looks good, except you made a mistake by not going with a Corsair PSU, and your listed your processor is at an overclocked speed, not stock.

Also, there is no benefit to having a Raid configuration with your drives, and the liquid cooling is way overkill, with that CoolerMaster case, and an Artic Cooling Freezer Pro CPU Cooler will keep your system plenty cool.

And, seeing that you are a gamer, if you are playing Crysis, the Crossfire configuration that you have, with the two 3870's, is chicken feed, with comparison to single Radeon 4870, and really lagging in comparison to a 4870x2. ;) However, you really do have a kick a-s-s system.

I don't know what to tell you on the problems running the program. Mine installed, and runs perfectly, with the lowly computer that I have listed in my signature. Did you have anything running in the background during your install?

Hello

FYI, XP installs of C2009 have proven to be essentially trouble free.

This cannot be true. After download I tried to install. The only program that is installed is PcLinq2. Then I extracted the files manually. I started Setup.exe. After installation and reboot I cannot start WinOnCD cause it says that Roxio Creator has a problem. Some DLL is missing but I don't know which cause it does not tell. I also thought this is somehow professional but I see that it is not tested on a normal XP Professional German as I have...

:angry2:

Regards,

Michael

I have not been able to install C2009 on my XP system. I have cleaned out all prior versions. Right after I enter the serial number and start the install a window pops up telling me that I cannot continue and must abort the installation. This is right after the "Directx" is loading/installing. I read something about entering a trouble ticket, which I did, but unfortunately cannot wait days for a response as I have CDs to burn today, and I don't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling an older version, only to have to uninstall it all over again. Any suggestions?

I have not been able to install C2009 on my XP system. I have cleaned out all prior versions. Right after I enter the serial number and start the install a window pops up telling me that I cannot continue and must abort the installation. This is right after the "Directx" is loading/installing. I read something about entering a trouble ticket, which I did, but unfortunately cannot wait days for a response as I have CDs to burn today, and I don't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling an older version, only to have to uninstall it all over again. Any suggestions?

I had this problem in Vista and was given info which helped to install but I am not sure that it's the same fix for XP. I think you may be the first to mention this type of problem in XP and since today is a holiday in the states, it's doubtful that you'll get an answer today.

but unfortunately cannot wait days for a response as I have CDs to burn today, and I don't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling an older version, only to have to uninstall it all over again. Any suggestions?

Reinstall the older version and burn the CDs, since you have to have them burned today.

I had trouble with Cineplayer not working properly, so I put the dvd I had burned of the Easy Creator 2009 program into my dvd drive and copied it to my desktop. I ran the installer again, and it automatically removed and reinstalled all applications. Rebooted the computer (Vista Ultimate) and now it's working fine.

Hope this helps.

Hello

This cannot be true. After download I tried to install. The only program that is installed is PcLinq2. Then I extracted the files manually. I started Setup.exe. After installation and reboot I cannot start WinOnCD cause it says that Roxio Creator has a problem. Some DLL is missing but I don't know which cause it does not tell. I also thought this is somehow professional but I see that it is not tested on a normal XP Professional German as I have...

:angry2:

Regards,

Michael

:( Sorry but this does not change what I said in any way shape of form…

PCCLing2 is "Hi-Speed USB Bridge Cable – USB2"

It is not a Roxio Program, it is not part of the Download, it has nothing to do with Roxio.

It is a strong indication that your PC has some serious problems before you downloaded…

Might be time for you to backup and format your HD, as things will go downhill from here.

It seems unlikely that you followed the Clean Install procedure since the first few steps would have removed entries from your Add/Remove Program List…

Go Here and print out the instructions. Then follow them to the letter!

Give this a shot and let us know how it works out.

Great bragging rights on the computer! A portion of your system specs are something that I have had on my wish list for the past month. Yours looks good, except you made a mistake by not going with a Corsair PSU, and your listed your processor is at an overclocked speed, not stock.

Also, there is no benefit to having a Raid configuration with your drives, and the liquid cooling is way overkill, with that CoolerMaster case, and an Artic Cooling Freezer Pro CPU Cooler will keep your system plenty cool.

And, seeing that you are a gamer, if you are playing Crysis, the Crossfire configuration that you have, with the two 3870's, is chicken feed, with comparison to single Radeon 4870, and really lagging in comparison to a 4870x2. ;) However, you really do have a kick a-s-s system.

I don't know what to tell you on the problems running the program. Mine installed, and runs perfectly, with the lowly computer that I have listed in my signature. Did you have anything running in the background during your install?

I had the ATI 3870's installed right after they came out (before the 4870's were available). I wish I had known they were on the drawing board. Regarding the RAID configuration the "0" striping optimizes my two identical hard disk drives to read and write data in parallel, interleaved stacks. They perform the same work as a single drive, but at a sustained data transfer rate, double that of a single disk alone. This improves data access and storage. As for the cooling, I am really surprised that my system generates as much heat as it does with this case. Part of the problem is that, the case is so huge that it has to sit under my computer furniture and is somewhat confined, but still has ample space around it. I have a utility program (PC Probe II) which monitors my computer's vital components and detects and alerts me if there are any problems. It senses fan rotations, CPU temperature, systems voltages, etc. I have another ASUS utility (AI Gear 3) that provides four system performance profiles that adjust the processor frequency and vCore voltage for different computing needs. Even with all of this, I wish I could keep up with the advacing technology, but it is impossible.

As a retired Charter Pilot and Flight Instructor, I bought this system primarily to run flight simulations of the Canadair CRJ 700 and 900 which my son now flies for SkyWest Airlines (trying to keep up with his generation).

Getting back to my installation problem, it seems that tech support, has overlooked the "system BadImageFormatException" error signature which I mentioned to them, which seems to have something to do with a (.NET Framework Library Class) and is thrown when the file image of a DLL or an executable program is invalid. I wish that Tech Support could help me with this, but they seem to be as mystified as I am. If you hear of anyone with a similar problem and the solution for it, please pass it on. I would really like to stick with Roxio, but if this problem cannot be resolved, I will move on to the current version of Nero instead.

StarDrifter :)

I had the ATI 3870's installed right after they came out (before the 4870's were available). I wish I had known they were on the drawing board. Regarding the RAID configuration the "0" striping optimizes my two identical hard disk drives to read and write data in parallel, interleaved stacks. They perform the same work as a single drive, but at a sustained data transfer rate, double that of a single disk alone. This improves data access and storage. As for the cooling, I am really surprised that my system generates as much heat as it does with this case. Part of the problem is that, the case is so huge that it has to sit under my computer furniture and is somewhat confined, but still has ample space around it. I have a utility program (PC Probe II) which monitors my computer's vital components and detects and alerts me if there are any problems. It senses fan rotations, CPU temperature, systems voltages, etc. I have another ASUS utility (AI Gear 3) that provides four system performance profiles that adjust the processor frequency and vCore voltage for different computing needs. Even with all of this, I wish I could keep up with the advacing technology, but it is impossible.

As a retired Charter Pilot and Flight Instructor, I bought this system primarily to run flight simulations of the Canadair CRJ 700 and 900 which my son now flies for SkyWest Airlines (trying to keep up with his generation).

Getting back to my installation problem, it seems that tech support, has overlooked the "system BadImageFormatException" error signature which I mentioned to them, which seems to have something to do with a (.NET Framework Library Class) and is thrown when the file image of a DLL or an executable program is invalid. I wish that Tech Support could help me with this, but they seem to be as mystified as I am. If you hear of anyone with a similar problem and the solution for it, please pass it on. I would really like to stick with Roxio, but if this problem cannot be resolved, I will move on to the current version of Nero instead.

StarDrifter :)

Since this new version was just released (weeks or days ago?) How could it be "Proven" installation trouble free? I have encountered similar installation issues as discussed. Uninstalling versions of .NET 2.0 thru 3.5 including all service packs has enabled the Roxio central program to run after these changes but Cineplayer still will NOT run without producing an Index out of range error.

I am running XP latest service pack, I uninstalled Roxio EC 10, Visual Studio 2008 (Thus the latest .NET versions were installed), Latest nvidia physx and 8800GTS drivers, so an install/uninstall success may not be the same for my XP system as the install/uninstall that was Proven to be a success.

I did follow the clean install instructions for versions 9 and 10. Now that I see that there is a version for 2009, I will try that. I have a trouble ticket in with Roxio so hopefully they can help when they have an opportunity.

Archived