Previews not the same as the real thing

dideroch

Question

I bought the Roxio Online after buying Roxio 2009, because of the email I received advertising them. I went to the Roxio Online more info and they talked about features and benefits and also showed a little slideshow. In that slideshow it had some pretty cool text effects going on. Text all over the page, but when making a slideshow with Photo Show offline, there are no options to make anything but 5 different captions, and they are all stationed at the bottom of the slide. Is there anyone who can tell me how they did the text effects. That was really a cool feature on the advertisement. I feel misled by the fact that it isn't even an option. Please help, I spent a lot of money on Roxio today....

Thanks

7 answers to this question

I bought the Roxio Online after buying Roxio 2009, because of the email I received advertising them. I went to the Roxio Online more info and they talked about features and benefits and also showed a little slideshow. In that slideshow it had some pretty cool text effects going on. Text all over the page, but when making a slideshow with Photo Show offline, there are no options to make anything but 5 different captions, and they are all stationed at the bottom of the slide. Is there anyone who can tell me how they did the text effects. That was really a cool feature on the advertisement. I feel misled by the fact that it isn't even an option. Please help, I spent a lot of money on Roxio today....

Thanks

Hi,

Why did you buy Roxio Online Photoshow when you had already bought Roxio 2009? I have read and was told that the Photoshow program is in the Roxio 2009 software. Is it not?

Hi,

Why did you buy Roxio Online Photoshow when you had already bought Roxio 2009? I have read and was told that the Photoshow program is in the Roxio 2009 software. Is it not?

Yes it is in Roxio 2009 but if you want to be able to have endless photos in your slide shows and be able to do more things you have to buy the membership to the Roxio Online. It has a lot of effects as well that just Roxio2009 doesn't have.

I guess no one can answer my question....

Yes it is in Roxio 2009 but if you want to be able to have endless photos in your slide shows and be able to do more things you have to buy the membership to the Roxio Online. It has a lot of effects as well that just Roxio2009 doesn't have.

Try contacting Roxio support.

What is Roxio 2009 or are you talking about Creator 2009?

What do you mean by endless photos?

You are correct about the added effects. Roxio PhotoShow (the desktop application) gives you more options than the widget in Creator 2009.

You are correct about the added effects. Roxio PhotoShow (the desktop application) gives you more options than the widget in Creator 2009.

I had Simple Star Photo Show 5 and purchased the $70.00 theme pack. With Roxio, where are the features I had with Photo Show 5? From the products Roxio is selling, must I buy anything additional to get what I had with Photo Show 5? If so, what must I buy? I need the themes, transitions, frames around pictures, etc. Thank you.

I had Simple Star Photo Show 5 and purchased the $70.00 theme pack. With Roxio, where are the features I had with Photo Show 5? From the products Roxio is selling, must I buy anything additional to get what I had with Photo Show 5? If so, what must I buy? I need the themes, transitions, frames around pictures, etc. Thank you.

Transitions and borders are now called Styles.

The theme packs are included under the name "Stickers".