• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

blueheron11

Photoshow Installation Problem?

Question

:unsure:

Dear Photoshow People,

I renewed my subscription for Photoshow Premium (had Photoshow 5), received my confirmation and activated my account. What happens next, am I supposed to download the program or what? I have an iMac now, had a pc with Photoshow 5 which died on me. I checked my

Applications and there is no Photoshow listed. The only way I can access Photoshow is to through the email you sent me, and that doesn't have all the options I paid for. For example, I should be able to set the time in seconds for each slide - and the feature is not there. So I need to download this to my iMac somehow. Help!!!

blueheron11

11 answers to this question

don't think the photoshow desktop software is supported on Mac.

gaper1 go to photoshow.com there it says that it now supports pc.s and macs. photoshow .com help is now also a tab on Safari which is only used for macs.

blueheron11

blueheron11, I think we are talking about two different things here.

The online service through photoshow.com is supported on PC and Mac (btw, There is Safari for Windows now). When you are on your Mac, you just need to go to photoshow.com and login then you are good to go.

However, there is a desktop software comes with Roxio Online Premium Service that would allow you to do the following.

Burn PhotoShows to DVD for TV playback

Export PhotoShows to video files (MPEG2, WMV)

Author PhotoShows while not connected to the Internet

Create Shows without waiting for upload completion

This desktop software is not supported on Mac.

The problem is that I cannot access the premium features I paid for. I go to Photoshow.com, and access my account which says premium account. Then I go to Roxio Online, Annie's Premium Channel, My Photoshows/Make a Photoshow. Then I click on one of my finished photoshows then I click , Edit. This takes me to the screen Style/ Arrange/ Captions/ Music/ Titles/ Stickers . I should be going to the Edit Screen with Editing Your Photoshow with Playback Settings/Edit Photos & Captions/ Opening Titles/ Music and I am not . Which leads me to believe that I am not accessing the program with all the premium features I should have. I compared the tutorial against what I have and they are not the same thing. Something is not right here. I emailed technical support early in the week, and have not received a response. I also emailed customer support and no response either. What do I do now? I think that since I have a new iMac now, that technical support should send me a link where I can reinstall the photoshow program. I looked for a link to redownload Roxio Online Photoshow or a software update and can't find it. I am not talking about the additional desktop software -that is only offered in Windows or Vista. Help!!!

blueheron11

The problem is that I cannot access the premium features I paid for. I go to Photoshow.com, and access my account which says premium account. Then I go to Roxio Online, Annie's Premium Channel, My Photoshows/Make a Photoshow. Then I click on one of my finished photoshows then I click , Edit. This takes me to the screen Style/ Arrange/ Captions/ Music/ Titles/ Stickers . I should be going to the Edit Screen with Editing Your Photoshow with Playback Settings/Edit Photos & Captions/ Opening Titles/ Music and I am not . Which leads me to believe that I am not accessing the program with all the premium features I should have. I compared the tutorial against what I have and they are not the same thing. Something is not right here. I emailed technical support early in the week, and have not received a response. I also emailed customer support and no response either. What do I do now? I think that since I have a new iMac now, that technical support should send me a link where I can reinstall the photoshow program. I looked for a link to redownload Roxio Online Photoshow or a software update and can't find it. I am not talking about the additional desktop software -that is only offered in Windows or Vista. Help!!!

blueheron11

Hi,

I have a PC but orderd the premium PhotoShow Online from Roxio and received a email but no link to download anything to my computer. Only access to my photoshows online with no capability to make my own DVD with my photoshows that are online. I had the old version of PhotoShow5 but am not unable to download it onto my computer even thoug I have a CD of the software. You seen to be experiencing some of the same problems that I am. I have had no luck in talking to anyone via phone or email or support on the web. No answers and no response to the live chat either. I have 10 photoshows that I want to burn onto DVD's and I can't do it like they said I could when I ordered and paid for the product yesterday. I am very frustrated!!! Let me know if you find out anything. I thought that maybe I would cancel my order of the Photoshow and then reorder it via the web insteadd the phone like I did yesterday. They don't seem to know anything much. Poor customer service. They just want to get your money.

juleejp

Hi,

I have a PC but orderd the premium PhotoShow Online from Roxio and received a email but no link to download anything to my computer. Only access to my photoshows online with no capability to make my own DVD with my photoshows that are online. I had the old version of PhotoShow5 but am not unable to download it onto my computer even thoug I have a CD of the software. You seen to be experiencing some of the same problems that I am. I have had no luck in talking to anyone via phone or email or support on the web. No answers and no response to the live chat either. I have 10 photoshows that I want to burn onto DVD's and I can't do it like they said I could when I ordered and paid for the product yesterday. I am very frustrated!!! Let me know if you find out anything. I thought that maybe I would cancel my order of the Photoshow and then reorder it via the web insteadd the phone like I did yesterday. They don't seem to know anything much. Poor customer service. They just want to get your money.

juleejp

Hi Jeleepk, it sounds like we ahave a similar probem, I received a repky from technical supporrt saying they are working the problem and will let me know what happensI will pass The information I receive from them will be posted LET'S GET THINGS MOVINB HERE.. :angry2: l. I AMGOING TO DO SOMETHING OUTSIDE TO GRT AWAY FROM THIS NIGHTMAR

HAVE A NICE DAY. WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS TOMORROW.

blueheron11@sbcglobal,net

Hi all!

I would like to clear up some confusion.

The PhotoShow desktop application is not Mac compatible.

Here are two articles that explain the transition from PhotoShow 5 to Roxio PhotoShow.

Dear David de Roxio,

When will Photoshowdesktop be made available to Macs? You know it is a little confusing to look at Photoshow.com where it says that Photoshow is now available for Macs. Are you saying that the PhotoShow portion is available for Macs, but the desktop portion is not available for Macs yet?

blueheron11

When will Photoshowdesktop be made available to Macs? You know it is a little confusing to look at Photoshow.com where it says that Photoshow is now available for Macs. Are you saying that the PhotoShow portion is available for Macs, but the desktop portion is not available for Macs yet?

blueheron11

I believe the differences are pretty straight forward. Roxio Online for Photoshow uses browser to communicate the storage servers. What this means is that the product is compatible with Mac browsers such as Safari, Camino etc. However, the desktop application uses a different code base for Mac which presumably is either under development or something in store for future. Which is to say you cannot install the Desktop application currently available for Windows XP / Vista on a MacOS. However, if you are running BootCamp, you can take advantage of all the features like any PC user :)

Edited by firenhancer

Firenhancer has the right idea. Rroxio online is Mac compatible because it enables users to create, manage and share PhotoShows on almost any browser. The Roxio PhotoShow desktop application only runs on Windows. However it is not optimized for any virtual machine setup. Bootcamp may cause some errors and is not supported.