Installation/ Roxio Burner 10 2.0.0.44

Watkin

Question

I have the above Roxio 10 2.0.0.44 "seemingly" installed but when I try to write to my

CD-ROM drive D (HP 5300 Compaq Presario) I get the message: "Insert disk in drive". The disk is in the drive, of course. Checked the driver: Compaq CD ROM LTN 4865.

Anybody know what the problem is here and how to correct it ?

Many thanks from a newbie to Roxio.

6 answers to this question

What is it you're talking about? Roxio never made hardware (well not since back in the old days when Easy CD was a sub-division of Adaptec)

Can you tell us what the error message actually is - is it software, hardware or what?

The LTN 4865 is actually a LiteOn CD-ROM and as such is incapable of burning anything and no software in the world will ever change that.

Win-Pause: Hardware tab: Device Manger button

Expand the "DVD/CD-ROM drives" and tell us what is listed?

I suspect you do have a burner or Dell would not have included the 10.2 OEM software.

The LTN 4865 is actually a LiteOn CD-ROM and as such is incapable of burning anything and no software in the world will ever change that.

Win-Pause: Hardware tab: Device Manger button

Expand the "DVD/CD-ROM drives" and tell us what is listed?

I suspect you do have a burner or Dell would not have included the 10.2 OEM software.

I have Win2000 on a HP Desktop, 5300 , 6 years old model.I looked in device manager and copied the following concerning DVD/CD ROM:

LIN486S -- Provider: Microsoft -- Added 11/l4/99 -- Version 5.0.2l83 WINNT/system32/redbook system and ststen 32\storprop.dll

This will play a music video and read and install a written disk; but I want to burn to disk for file

storage. I've used HP cd-r and Office Depot DVD RW. Neither will work.

When I insert them that is when I get a message that says: either: "this disk is full - do you want to format it before use? ;

or, I get a message that says: "iinsert a disk" - when the sdsk is already inserted.

This happens on my floppy also - same messages.

It started about 6 months ago. I can't use a boot-up to return to an earlier date because mine got

lost.

Thanks for reading all this. Hope I made it clear enough for you.

Watkin

I have Win2000 on a HP Desktop, 5300 , 6 years old model.I looked in device manager and copied the following concerning DVD/CD ROM:

LIN486S -- Provider: Microsoft -- Added 11/l4/99 -- Version 5.0.2l83 WINNT/system32/redbook system and ststen 32\storprop.dll

This will play a music video and read and install a written disk; but I want to burn to disk for file

storage. I've used HP cd-r and Office Depot DVD RW. Neither will work.

When I insert them that is when I get a message that says: either: "this disk is full - do you want to format it before use? ;

or, I get a message that says: "iinsert a disk" - when the sdsk is already inserted.

This happens on my floppy also - same messages.

It started about 6 months ago. I can't use a boot-up to return to an earlier date because mine got

lost.

Thanks for reading all this. Hope I made it clear enough for you.

Watkin

I wasn't aware that EMC 10 would even run on a Windows 2000 machine.

Everything I can find says that the LTN-486S is a 48x CD-ROM drive, and not a writer.

Have you ever written a CD with this drive??

Brendon

Archived