Capturee Cards Or Tv Turner That Capture

wizzie719

Question

3 answers to this question

I have just got this new PC. It has windows vista home basic, 2 gb of ddr ram,250 gb hard drive and i am looking for a Card that will do composite capture or a turner that will do the same thing. But it must work with EMC 10 and my OS. THanks again for any suggestion

Look at the Dazzle devices. The DVC came with EMC 10 Deluxe; the DVC 90 came with EMC 9 Deluxe. They are USB devices.

I was looking for a internel PCI card Like a Hauppuage, ati ,etc I have hear a lot of bad thing on dazzle

They work fine; I used both of the devices I listed. Like anything else, they need to have the right drivers installed properly and sometimes be installed on a USB port in the back of your computer.

Here is a list of tested capture devices. It does not list all that do work.

I had a Pinnacle A/V card and it worked well.

My personal observation -- I know you didn't ask. I had more problems with A/V sync using an internal card than I did with a USB device. Your video card and audio card operate independently and may operate with different acceleration. The simple cure is to capture in 10-15 minute intervals and put the files together in Video Wave

With the Pinnacle DVC 90, there were no sync problems but I thought that the video was slightly "soft". The DVC 100 gave me quality as good as the internal card. I have removed that internal card from my computer since the DVC 100 worked so well (and I got a HiDef digital camcorder.