• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator Premier For Dell

Bill McM

Question

I am using "Roxio Creator Premier for Dell". The help files and tutorials don't differentiate this from EMC-10. It is confusing. In particular, I am trying to figure out how to remove camera hiss. All the press releases and advertisements for EMC-10 and MyDVD-10 include " automatic tools for correcting color and removing background noise", but I can't find anything about removing background noise in help, the manual, or online. The help menu talks about "Edit Volume Envelope for Audio Objects" but I don't seem to have such a tool. Please help!

In particular:

1. How do I remove camera noise from a native audio track?

2. How do I find out what are the limitations my version of the program?

Thanks!

Bill McManus

3 answers to this question

I am using "Roxio Creator Premier for Dell". The help files and tutorials don't differentiate this from EMC-10. It is confusing. In particular, I am trying to figure out how to remove camera hiss. All the press releases and advertisements for EMC-10 and MyDVD-10 include " automatic tools for correcting color and removing background noise", but I can't find anything about removing background noise in help, the manual, or online. The help menu talks about "Edit Volume Envelope for Audio Objects" but I don't seem to have such a tool. Please help!

In particular:

1. How do I remove camera noise from a native audio track?

2. How do I find out what are the limitations my version of the program?

Thanks!

Bill McManus

You named two of them. The OEM either does not have audio tools or they are very limited.

Try this. When you have the video in the timeline, double click on the audio track. You may have to use show/hide tracks to get the native track. After you double clcik, you may get a window that opens with some minor controls for cleaning up the audio.

That envelope control will not help you. It simply shows the sound wave.

You may have something like this in the OEM but don't count on it. If you don't have somehting like this then the limitation is confirmed.

post-58-1220049889.jpg

And after that :

post-58-1220049928.jpg

Let us know what you see.

Thanks for the quick and well illustrated reply. I don't have the icon to the right of the microphone. I guess that is one of the limitations. Does anyone know if it is possible tu upgrade from Dell's OEM version to the retail version?

Dell might have a special.

Creator 2009 came out a day or so again so that is the latest and greatest.

Since EMC 10 is now "obsolete", you may find good deals on it. I think someone said around $45 after rebates. If you hunt around, you may find it cheaper. but be careful make sure that you get either the full Easy Media Creator 10 or the Deluxe.

Archived