• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Burning Options

Claw57

Question

Hello all-

I am pretty much a 'noob' when it comes to creating DVDs.

Basically I have just started transferring videos from my Tivo to PC.

I was just wondering what settings/format I should use to get the best quality when I burn them to DVD, or even just transfer to my hard drive.

Using Vista Home Premium 64.

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Hello all-

I am pretty much a 'noob' when it comes to creating DVDs.

Basically I have just started transferring videos from my Tivo to PC.

I was just wondering what settings/format I should use to get the best quality when I burn them to DVD, or even just transfer to my hard drive.

Using Vista Home Premium 64.

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

Thanks.

I can't answer the first part since I do not have a TIVO. You can wit for someone else to answer or just search these forums (EMC 9 and EMC 10 will be about the same.)

All DVDs contain mpg2 files. First for best quality, no more than one hour or so on a single sided DVD. You will be using MyDVD to burn the disc. Make sure that it is set to best quality and not fit to disc. When you go to burn, select to make an ISO file. the project will encode to the file (separating the encoding from the burning). When the project is encoded, copy the ISO file to a disc using Creator Classic or Video Copy and Convert.

If you are indeed a newbie, you might want to read this (link) There are lot of good tips and Tricks in the EMC 9 and EMC Tips and Tricks section.

Archived