• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave And Avi Files

JakeRogers

Question

I am trying to create a DVD of movie clips. I have converted from the original .flv to .avi. The clips convert fine and will play in Windows Vista Media player. I can load for compiling but when I click burn and insert dvd, the system seems to go into an infinite loop (have to shutdown to remove dvd). I get no errors here. I tried to load and edit in VideoWave, but I get an error indicating the file cant be loaded or edited. In my folder for these files, each had a big red circle and slash, indicating not available. I've tried various sub types of AVI, including MPeg4, WMV, and MOV...none work. I can create a playable dvd using Windows but it does not have the quality presention of EMC 10. HELP PLEASE!!!

4 answers to this question

VW is Video Wave; not that German car. You already know what it is since you mentioned it in your first post. It is the best application in EMC 10 for editing and adding extras to video files. It works in conjunction with my DVD to create DVDs playable on standard DVD player.

I didn't know that you could make a standard playable DVD using WMM (Windows Movie Maker). If you have the old plug in to do so then it is a Roxio plug in. If you are simply making a data disc with a video file on it then that is different.

Most experienced people simply would not try to convert flv files to mpg2 (needed for putting on a playable DVD) because of the high compression necessary to make the files that small. If you are going to convert them to a WMV format to play on your computer then they would be OK in a small window. It is a little like trying to make a low quality mp3 file sound like a non-compressed wav file. It is simply not possible.

Now, what converter did you use. If they have a trial, I'll try it. Did you try to convert the flv file to mpg2? If you are going to make a playable disc, that is the correct format.

I think that there may be another problem with those files. Two things, download and run gspot (link) on those files where the is the red "X". That small free program will tell you if you have the right codecs installed on your computer and will tell you the quality (bit rate) of the videos. The quality may be so low that the program can't handle them.

Edit: Just to see, I downloded and ran "Any Video Converter" (free) on a flash file that I already had. I converted the file to mpg2. I was able to load that file into Video Wave with no problem. If you are serious about this, try doing it the way I did it. If you still get the red "X" then there may be something wrong with the converter, the file or ???.

I crossed out the above because I was surprised at the reasonable quality of that mpg2 file.

Thanks Much...you have given me some things to think on and try, unlike the first responder...will advise of results.

Clearly they did not 'convert fine'

See if they will load into Windows Movie Maker. If so, output them from there and try them in VW.

If not, find a converter for them that does a better job.

If they converted to a degree that Windows could handle them, CLEARLY they did convert fine for Windows!

Not very objective re EMC 10s shortcomings. What is a "VW" output??? an auto(motive) guru format?

If they converted to a degree that Windows could handle them, CLEARLY they did convert fine for Windows!

Not very objective re EMC 10s shortcomings. What is a "VW" output??? an auto(motive) guru format?

VW is Video Wave; not that German car. You already know what it is since you mentioned it in your first post. It is the best application in EMC 10 for editing and adding extras to video files. It works in conjunction with my DVD to create DVDs playable on standard DVD player.

I didn't know that you could make a standard playable DVD using WMM (Windows Movie Maker). If you have the old plug in to do so then it is a Roxio plug in. If you are simply making a data disc with a video file on it then that is different.

Most experienced people simply would not try to convert flv files to mpg2 (needed for putting on a playable DVD) because of the high compression necessary to make the files that small. If you are going to convert them to a WMV format to play on your computer then they would be OK in a small window. It is a little like trying to make a low quality mp3 file sound like a non-compressed wav file. It is simply not possible.

Now, what converter did you use. If they have a trial, I'll try it. Did you try to convert the flv file to mpg2? If you are going to make a playable disc, that is the correct format.

I think that there may be another problem with those files. Two things, download and run gspot (link) on those files where the is the red "X". That small free program will tell you if you have the right codecs installed on your computer and will tell you the quality (bit rate) of the videos. The quality may be so low that the program can't handle them.

Edit: Just to see, I downloded and ran "Any Video Converter" (free) on a flash file that I already had. I converted the file to mpg2. I was able to load that file into Video Wave with no problem. If you are serious about this, try doing it the way I did it. If you still get the red "X" then there may be something wrong with the converter, the file or ???.

I crossed out the above because I was surprised at the reasonable quality of that mpg2 file.

post-58-1220142883.jpg

Archived