• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

File Conversion

JGS

Question

I have had a problem capturing the original sound from videos when using Roxio Easy Creator 10 to compile several videos from a digital camera into a single DVD.

I have been told that I need to convert .mov files to .wav or .wmv files in order to capture the original sound.

Does Easy Creator 10 have such a conversion feature? If not, does Roxio provide a separate conversion program? Or is it necessary to buy a conversion program from another vendor, and if so which one would be good?

John

1 answer to this question

I have had a problem capturing the original sound from videos when using Roxio Easy Creator 10 to compile several videos from a digital camera into a single DVD.

I have been told that I need to convert .mov files to .wav or .wmv files in order to capture the original sound.

Does Easy Creator 10 have such a conversion feature? If not, does Roxio provide a separate conversion program? Or is it necessary to buy a conversion program from another vendor, and if so which one would be good?

John

The audio from some mov files from digital still camera do not work well in this program. You may need to convert the audio portion of the file to wav.

The easiest way of doing this is to use Bias Sound Soap; if you had EMC 9 Deluxe, you may already have that.

If not, before you buy that, try to see if you can convert the audio portion to another format using GoldWave (very liberal free trial). There is a users group for GoldWave so perhaps you can find some help there.

In Roxio, go to Media Manager and navigate to the file. Right click and select extract audio; save the audio file. Put that file into Gold Wave and change the format.

When you put the mov file in Video Wave, click on internal tracks and show the native track. Mute it and add the converted track to one of the other audio tracks.

There is another program that seem to work but that would be a more expensive option.

Archived