• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help With Destination Selection

deutschemak

Question

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

First of all, let me tell you what the problem is ... My burner is not being recognized by EMC 9 Suite (purchased from Best Buy).

Here's what I've done to try and rectify the situation:

I've installed, unistalled, reinstalled, re-uninstalled, re-re-installed ... you get my drift :lol: All of these installs and uninstalls have been performed according to posts on the forums, directions from the Roxio website, and using the Microsoft KB ... all to no avail :blink:

I've tried looking for my burner (which is a Sony CD-RW CRX320EE) on the compatability site Roxio told me to go to ... but I can't find the compatability site Roxio told me to go to.

Now I'm no stellar programmer, but I do know how to navigate webpages, and I've built more than my fair share of computers ... so this has got me stumped.

Thanks for any help!

3 answers to this question

Hello,

Try updating the PX burning engine in your system. There's a link to the updater here.

The Sony CR320EE was recognized by ECDC 5.3.5V, so it should be recognized by all versions after that. Please let us know if the PX updater does the trick.

Brendon

What are you trying to do? That drive is a CD-RW/DVD-ROM (writes to CD but is only capable of reading a DVD - it won't write to one)

This from http://www.siliconguide.com/qa/forum/messages/138.shtml

"

14:24:17

RE: SONY CDRW 48X/24X/48X can't find driver on web

It would seem that, according the Sony website, no driver is required for the crx320ee or any of their internal optical CD-RW drives. Here is what they suggest if you are having trouble:

All of the Sony internal optical drives are plug & play with Windows so no drivers are required for detection in your pc. If you are having issues getting your drive detected then please try the following:

* Ensure the Sony drive is set as a secondary master by itself. If you have another disc burner or a zip drive on the same IDE cable, please separate them.

* Ensure you have the latest Service pack for your Windows operating system and any other updates for your system installed.

* Please remove your secondary IDE channel from the Device Manager. To do this:

1. Right click on My Computer and then left click on properties.

2. Choose hardware tab.

3. Select Device Manager.

4. Click on the + in front of IDE/ATAPI controller.

5. Right click on secondary IDE and then choose uninstall.

6. Restart your computer.

* Ensure you have the latest BIOS and Motherboard updates for your system. "

Archived