• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Get Creator 2009 To Start!

Ken Tucky

Question

After installing Creator 2009, I got the following message when I click the icon to start the program:

Could not find the file "RoxioCentralFx.exe".

The program seems to be looking in a folder called C:\Program files(x86)\Roxio\Roxio Central 4\Roxio Central 4 (don't know why the installer puts a ROXIO CENTRAL 4 folder inside another ROXIO CENTRAL 4 folder),

while the actual file is in C:\program files(x86)\Roxio Creator 2009\Roxio Central 4.

If I try to copy the file from the folder ROXIO CREATOR 2009\ROXIO CENTRAL 4 to the folder ROXIO\ROXIO CENTRAL 4 (or the ROXIO CENTRAL 4 subfolder inside this folder), then creator 2009 either crashes or runs into a loop with the following requester: "Please wait while Windows configures Roxio Creator 2009".

THE SETUP MUST UPDATE FILES OR SERVICES THAT CANNOT BE UPDATED WHILE THE SYSTEM IS RUNNING. IF YOU CHOOSE TO CONTINUE, A REBOOT WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE SETUP.

This requester pops up everytime I try to start the program. It then configures for a while, and then tells me to reboot my system. After rebooting the same happens over again.

This happens every time I start Creator 2009, and I can't figure out what's wrong.

If I try to cancel this update/configuring process, the program eventually starts but I get errors in every program I try to open from the Roxio central, like:

EDIT VIDEO AUTOMATICALLY: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

in Program Files\Roxio Shared\11.0\SharedCom\RoxWizardLauncher11.exe -R6025 - pure virtual function call

EDIT VIDEO - ADVANCED: ERROR: Unable to load skin

CREATE DVDs: Skin image "Loading.png" found but cannot be loaded

- and then "RoxWizardLauncher Module has stopped working"

I had no problems installing the program - I have tried a clean install as well, but the same thing happens every time.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit on Intel Core2 Duo E6850 3,0 GHz, Asus P5E motherboard (X38 chipset), 4 GB ddr2 ram (1066 MHz FSB).

Please help!

17 answers to this question

Let's go at this from 2 sides!

Create a New Account with Administrator Privileges on your PC.

Print out and follow Step by Step the 2009 Clean Install using that New Account – Here

Edit: Fixed Link! :angry:

I've tried setting up a new account and do a clean install, but to no avail. I still get exactly the same problems.

I forgot to mention one thing in my earlier post: After double-clicking the icon to start the program the registration requester pops up.

After finishing the registration, the program pops up another requester saying it can't find the file RCPROD.MSI in the folder C:\USERS\<USER>\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\WZSE0.TMP\ROXIOCENTRAL_4X\

I located the file RCPROD.MSI in the FN56GA50R13_RoxioCreator2009-directory where I extracted the downloaded .exe file. I don't know if this has anything to do with the later errors, but it is strange that the program is looking for the file where it doesn't exist.

This is extremely annoying as I have never had such problems with any other software I've installed. I have bought and used every Creator version since v6, and never experienced such strange behaviour before. I hope someone can help me out.

Print out and follow Step by Step the 2009 Clean Install using that New Account – http://kb.roxio.com/content//kb/Creator/000207CR"" target="_blank">Here</a>

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what you mean. I only have one account on my PC, and that account has Administrator Privileges. Why should I create a new one?

And the link you supplied doesn't seem to work.

Disregard what I said about the link. It did work. I think the clean install I used was for Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista. Do you think it will make any difference to use the clean install - link you provided?

The program seems to be looking in a folder called C:\Program files(x86)\Roxio\Roxio Central 4\Roxio Central 4 (don't know why the installer puts a ROXIO CENTRAL 4 folder inside another ROXIO CENTRAL 4 folder),

while the actual file is in C:\program files(x86)\Roxio Creator 2009\Roxio Central 4.

Mine didn't!

post-97-1220196148.png

cd

Can you give more detail on the fix for this, it would be helpful to many of us as the chat and phone people can't seen to figure this one out when I give them the same details as you did.

Thanks.

You might want to also send Ken Tucky a private message (PM). I did and he answered me. Unfortunately, what worked for him did not work for me. Since his problem is fixed, he may not be monitoring this post much anymore.

Wish I could remember what the fix was, it was very simple, something like moving the only directory still in ROXIO to ROXIO 2009 and then deleting ROXIO.

Unfortunately, I finally gave up on trying to use ROXIO 2009, requested and received a refund, and somewhere in the process I deleted the PM that KEN TUCKY and I had exchanged.

Only reason I even saw your message is that I subscribed to this post and got an automatic generated EMAIL that someone had posted a new message, else I would not even know you posted your message. If KEN TUCKY is not subscribed to this post, he will not see your plea for help unless he checks the post himself which he may not do if his problem remains fixed.

GOOD LUCK !

Hi There

I have exactly the same error when installing Roxio Creator 2009

Various errors pop us as you mentioned (cannot find skin etc)

Can i ask what steps the technician took you through to fix the problem? If you can remember that is. Save myself and a host of other people calling them up.

Many thanks in advance as this is very frustrating that a brand new product doesnt seem to work for no reason!

Cheers

I've tried setting up a new account and do a clean install, but to no avail. I still get exactly the same problems.

I forgot to mention one thing in my earlier post: After double-clicking the icon to start the program the registration requester pops up.

After finishing the registration, the program pops up another requester saying it can't find the file RCPROD.MSI in the folder C:\USERS\<USER>\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\WZSE0.TMP\ROXIOCENTRAL_4X\

I located the file RCPROD.MSI in the FN56GA50R13_RoxioCreator2009-directory where I extracted the downloaded .exe file. I don't know if this has anything to do with the later errors, but it is strange that the program is looking for the file where it doesn't exist.

This is extremely annoying as I have never had such problems with any other software I've installed. I have bought and used every Creator version since v6, and never experienced such strange behaviour before. I hope someone can help me out.

Can someone help me out here, please?

Is there a Roxio representative reading this?

Possibly yes, possibly no. Contact Roxio directly rather than through these forums.

Contact Roxio directly? From my earlier experiences, that's more easily said than done. They take a very long time to answer, and sometimes they don't answer at all (at least in my experience).

It seems a better idea to try and get help from the experts on this forum.

Anyway, I logged a ticket with Roxio yesterday, and hopefully I will get an answer in a couple of days.

But it's very strange that Creator 2009 is the only program that won't start up. I have no problems whatsoever with other software on my computer, and everything is updated with the latest drivers and firmware.

Hi There

I have exactly the same error when installing Roxio Creator 2009

Various errors pop us as you mentioned (cannot find skin etc)

Can i ask what steps the technician took you through to fix the problem? If you can remember that is. Save myself and a host of other people calling them up.

Many thanks in advance as this is very frustrating that a brand new product doesnt seem to work for no reason!

Cheers

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=44296

I have now solved this problem, with a little help from LiveChat with a Roxio technician. I had to move a folder from \Roxio to \Roxio Creator 2009 and then delete the Roxio folder. Then I managed to start the program from the RoxioCentralFx.exe file in the \Roxio Creator 2009 directory.

Hey, that's not bad, 3 days and they had a fix for you! Good luck with your projects.

For this problem with Roxio2009 Starting:

EventType clr20r3,

P1 roxiocentralfx.exe,

P2 4.12.0.0,

P3 48a05348,

P4 roxiocentralfx,

P5 0.0.0.0,

P6 48a05348,

P7 17e,

P8 12,

P9 system.dllnotfoundexception,

P10 NIL.

You are missing this file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\milcore.dll

Copy it into the c:\windows\system32 directory

If you can't find it here is a link

http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/downlo...ilcore.dll.html

For this problem with Roxio2009 Starting:

EventType clr20r3,

P1 roxiocentralfx.exe,

P2 4.12.0.0,

P3 48a05348,

P4 roxiocentralfx,

P5 0.0.0.0,

P6 48a05348,

P7 17e,

P8 12,

P9 system.dllnotfoundexception,

P10 NIL.

You are missing this file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\milcore.dll

Copy it into the c:\windows\system32 directory

If you can't find it here is a link

http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/downlo...ilcore.dll.html

Print out and follow Step by Step the 2009 Clean Install using that New Account – Here

Edit: Fixed Link! :angry:

Jim, I'm still waiting for your reply. Why do I have to create a new account when I already have one with administrator privileges?

Ken

After installing Creator 2009, I got the following message when I click the icon to start the program:

Could not find the file "RoxioCentralFx.exe".

If I try to copy the file from the folder ROXIO CREATOR 2009\ROXIO CENTRAL 4 to the folder ROXIO\ROXIO CENTRAL 4 (or the ROXIO CENTRAL 4 subfolder inside this folder), then creator 2009 either crashes or runs into a loop with the following requester: "Please wait while Windows configures Roxio Creator 2009".

THE SETUP MUST UPDATE FILES OR SERVICES THAT CANNOT BE UPDATED WHILE THE SYSTEM IS RUNNING. IF YOU CHOOSE TO CONTINUE, A REBOOT WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE SETUP.

This requester pops up everytime I try to start the program. It then configures for a while, and then tells me to reboot my system. After rebooting the same happens over again.

This happens every time I start Creator 2009, and I can't figure out what's wrong.

I have now solved this problem, with a little help from LiveChat with a Roxio technician. I had to move a folder from \Roxio to \Roxio Creator 2009 and then delete the Roxio folder. Then I managed to start the program from the RoxioCentralFx.exe file in the \Roxio Creator 2009 directory.

Jim, I'm still waiting for your reply. Why do I have to create a new account when I already have one with administrator privileges?

Ken

Don't forget that Jim doesn't work for Roxio -- he just happens to know alot about their programs! It is a holiday weekend after all!

No harm in setting up a new account, is there?

Don't forget that Jim doesn't work for Roxio -- he just happens to know alot about their programs! It is a holiday weekend after all!

No harm in setting up a new account, is there?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. It just seem strange to me that I should have to set up a new account, I mean, I've installed a dozen programs and never had to do anything like this. I'm just curious, and would like to know why.

Btw, I'm from Norway and on a different time zone (it was monday afternoon when I asked Jim about a reply).

Hey, that's not bad, 3 days and they had a fix for you! Good luck with your projects.

Can you give more detail on the fix for this, it would be helpful to many of us as the chat and phone people can't seen to figure this one out when I give them the same details as you did.

Thanks.

Archived