• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Having Trouble Burning Movie Onto Dvd

Heath328

Question

I have Windows Vista and am having trouble when using MyDVD Express to copy a movie from my hard drive into a blank DVD-R disc. In the MyDVD Express screen, I clicked on "Add New Movie" and copied just the video files from the movie's folder onto the DVD. The video files are .IFO files. The files fit onto the DVD, however when I click on "Create Disc" I get the following error message, "MPEG audio format may not be compatible with all NTSC players". I am honestly not sure what this means, but I clicked on "Burn Anyway". When I did this, the "Burn Project" window did pop up, however the burner is stuck on "encoding movie" and continues to show 0% for that task. I have waited for about an hour and tried the process all over again several times, yet I can not make any progress. Can anyone help me out with this?

2 answers to this question

I have Windows Vista and am having trouble when using MyDVD Express to copy a movie from my hard drive into a blank DVD-R disc. In the MyDVD Express screen, I clicked on "Add New Movie" and copied just the video files from the movie's folder onto the DVD. The video files are .IFO files. The files fit onto the DVD, however when I click on "Create Disc" I get the following error message, "MPEG audio format may not be compatible with all NTSC players". I am honestly not sure what this means, but I clicked on "Burn Anyway". When I did this, the "Burn Project" window did pop up, however the burner is stuck on "encoding movie" and continues to show 0% for that task. I have waited for about an hour and tried the process all over again several times, yet I can not make any progress. Can anyone help me out with this?

The 0% indicates that it's having an issue rendering your video. That's usually resolved by updating your video card/chip drivers to the most current version available. Make sure you get them from the maker of your video card. Don't use Windows to check for updated ones.

If you already have the most current driver installed, try uninstalling it, reboot, then re-install.