Roxio 2009 Encountered An Error

SHACUP

Question

I FOUND the CULPRIT. The problem is caused by my MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 I have tested this several times now and after using the laptop track mouse I noticed the Cineplay DID NOT Fail with the error. I tested 4-5 times using the laptop glide mouse and all was well, but just as soon as I move the MS Wireless Mouse it fails. I have also tested this process 4-5 times and it fails each time.

SO, not sure why the glitch, but I hope this info helps somone out should they run into it as well.

Thanks

System Details:

HP Pavillon DV5030 laptop

1.6 Ghz AMD Trion-64 CPU

128mb ATI Mobility Radeon Express 200 Video Card

HP DVD-DL RW

Windows XP-SP2 "Media Center Edition"

1GB Ram ( Will be upgrading to 2-GB soon)

Edited by SHACUP

11 answers to this question

I down loaded 2009 installed the app and the content and upon launching Roxio 2009 I get "Error encountered and needs to shut down with an option to send to Microsoft. This does not happen all the time and as you watch the screen, it does not seem to happen on the same plug-in, but usually it is with the Cineplay plug-in. I have gone through the "Clean Install" instructions but this doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I meet the system requirements and have done an R/R of the application followed by confirming ALL Folders and Reg. Entries have been deleted before attempting another install.

Nothing I have tried seems to work.

Thanks

List your system specs, because the minimum required are a complete joke.

I down loaded 2009 installed the app and the content and upon launching Roxio 2009 I get "Error encountered and needs to shut down with an option to send to Microsoft. This does not happen all the time and as you watch the screen, it does not seem to happen on the same plug-in, but usually it is with the Cineplay plug-in. I have gone through the "Clean Install" instructions but this doesn't seem to fix the problem.

System Details:

1.6 Ghz AMD Trion-64 CPU

HP DVD-DL RW

Turn off the video acceleration in the program.

post-58-1220265981.jpg

Edited by sknis

Turn off the video acceleration in the program.

I turned off the Video Accel. and it made no difference. I opted to do a complete rebuild of my computer and the program worked fine for the first 4-5 test and then after installing the ECM Content it began to fail again. I have confirmed it is specific to the Cineplayer and there are times that it will come up without the error, but more often than not, it fails with "Error Encountered and needs to send a report to Microsoft".

I have tested the ECM2009 on another HP laptop with similar settings and it seems to work fine and both laptops have WinXP Media Edition, 1gb of ram and the same ATI Radeon Xpress 200 video adapter, so I am sure it will run on this specific HP DV5030 laptop, I just don't know what the problem is with it.

Anyhow, any suggestious would be appreciated, but I am leaing towards going back to the ECM 8 if I cannot figure this out.

Thanks

I turned off the Video Accel. and it made no difference. I opted to do a complete rebuild of my computer and the program worked fine for the first 4-5 test and then after installing the ECM Content it began to fail again. I have confirmed it is specific to the Cineplayer and there are times that it will come up without the error, but more often than not, it fails with "Error Encountered and needs to send a report to Microsoft".

I have tested the ECM2009 on another HP laptop with similar settings and it seems to work fine and both laptops have WinXP Media Edition, 1gb of ram and the same ATI Radeon Xpress 200 video adapter, so I am sure it will run on this specific HP DV5030 laptop, I just don't know what the problem is with it.

Anyhow, any suggestious would be appreciated, but I am leaing towards going back to the ECM 8 if I cannot figure this out.

Thanks

Do an inventoery of programs on both computers -- what is different ?

Guest ivanatrox
I FOUND the CULPRIT. The problem is caused by my MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 I have tested this several times now and after using the laptop track mouse I noticed the Cineplay DID NOT Fail with the error. I tested 4-5 times using the laptop glide mouse and all was well, but just as soon as I move the MS Wireless Mouse it fails. I have also tested this process 4-5 times and it fails each time.

SO, not sure why the glitch, but I hope this info helps somone out should they run into it as well.

Thanks

System Details:

1.6 Ghz AMD Trion-64 CPU

HP DVD-DL RW

Hi SHACUP,

Thanks for the information. I'll certainly look into the issue.

Ivan

Thanks

System Details:

1.6 Ghz AMD Trion-64 CPU

HP DVD-DL RW

i have the same problem

creator 2009 crashes when i try to load it

i also have a wireless optical mouse 2.0

i will try another mouse

thanx for the tip

mike

Let us know.

i changed my driver from v6.2 to v5.5

and that took care of the problem

go to the mouse driver download page on the microsoft site

and pick the plain wireless optical mouse

and it will give you the option to download v5.5

thanks again for the help guys

mike

UPDATED SEPT. 4, 2008: For those that may be using a MS Wireless Optical 2.0 Mouse, it appears that Roxio 2009 has some issues with the MS Intellimouse Software and after 5-6 days of testing, rebuilding and comparing a functional laptop with Roxio 2009 and the laptop that failed using Roxio 2009, the only difference between the two laptops was the MS Intellimouse Software was not installed on the laptop that worked.

Make NOTE: Just unplugging the USB Transmitter did not fix my problem, I had to uninstall the MS Intellimouse Software and this was the newest version of the software downloaded from MS web page.

I hope my pain and suffering of spending countless hours in my office will help someone else avoid the same problem. I stumbled across this problem simply by CHANCE I used the laptop track mouse and Roxi0 2009 did not fail, but everytime I MOVED the MS Wireless Mouse I had 90-95% FAIL rate of the Cine-Play Application on external and internal launches of the app, and about a 75-85% FAIL Rate of the Roxio 2009 HOME Suite load.

Good luck in resolving your issues and if I can help clarify anything, please let me know. I can tell you my laptops are HP Pavilon DV5030US and DV8301NR.

Paul

Thanks

System Details:

1.6 Ghz AMD Trion-64 CPU

HP DVD-DL RW

:D Thank you so much for taking the time to figure this out. I have a Logitech wireless mouse - but was encountering the same thing. It appears - also in testing - that I can simply use the touchpad (Dell 300m laptop) and all is well - don't even have to unplug the USB transmitter. The cineplayer crashes every time I attempt to use the wireless mouse - but NOT the touchpad. Hopefully Roxio or Microsoft will step up and post a fix. In the meantime... touchpad it is.

Thanks again,

Kim

UPDATED SEPT. 4, 2008: For those that may be using a MS Wireless Optical 2.0 Mouse, it appears that Roxio 2009 has some issues with the MS Intellimouse Software and after 5-6 days of testing, rebuilding and comparing a functional laptop with Roxio 2009 and the laptop that failed using Roxio 2009, the only difference between the two laptops was the MS Intellimouse Software was not installed on the laptop that worked.

Make NOTE: Just unplugging the USB Transmitter did not fix my problem, I had to uninstall the MS Intellimouse Software and this was the newest version of the software downloaded from MS web page.

I hope my pain and suffering of spending countless hours in my office will help someone else avoid the same problem. I stumbled across this problem simply by CHANCE I used the laptop track mouse and Roxi0 2009 did not fail, but everytime I MOVED the MS Wireless Mouse I had 90-95% FAIL rate of the Cine-Play Application on external and internal launches of the app, and about a 75-85% FAIL Rate of the Roxio 2009 HOME Suite load.

Good luck in resolving your issues and if I can help clarify anything, please let me know. I can tell you my laptops are HP Pavilon DV5030US and DV8301NR.

Paul