Hd Burning Error

purzeki

Question

Hi, I've just recently gotten a HD camera and been going through a lot of problems trying to burn it onto DVD. so I got Toast 9... I've set it on HD DVD and burning on DL DVD. I usually start the encoding job at night so it can finish up in the morning. I did this twice and I got a message with "The last command blabla Mac OS error, Error code = -50"

Seeing that it wasn't really burning anything on the disc I decided to make a Disc image. I did this, and got the same thing. Although, the disc image destination drive has a folder "Roxio converted Items" and these are unreadable files, not sure what they are. But when I try to do the disc image again in the same drive, it skips the long encoding process and the only thing its doing is "Multiplexing" this is a quick process, less than 2 minutes. Reaches 100%, then the progress window goes back to the toast window and gives that error message again.

Would anyone have experienced this? I searched the net and found a lot on toast 7 and 8, not so much on 9. and they are mostly on EyeTV. I'm just burning a .mov file in HD format.

MacBook Pro

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

4 answers to this question

Hi, I've just recently gotten a HD camera and been going through a lot of problems trying to burn it onto DVD. so I got Toast 9... I've set it on HD DVD and burning on DL DVD. I usually start the encoding job at night so it can finish up in the morning. I did this twice and I got a message with "The last command blabla Mac OS error, Error code = -50"

Seeing that it wasn't really burning anything on the disc I decided to make a Disc image. I did this, and got the same thing. Although, the disc image destination drive has a folder "Roxio converted Items" and these are unreadable files, not sure what they are. But when I try to do the disc image again in the same drive, it skips the long encoding process and the only thing its doing is "Multiplexing" this is a quick process, less than 2 minutes. Reaches 100%, then the progress window goes back to the toast window and gives that error message again.

Would anyone have experienced this? I searched the net and found a lot on toast 7 and 8, not so much on 9. and they are mostly on EyeTV. I'm just burning a .mov file in HD format.

MacBook Pro

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I've had the exact same problem, but no solution I'm afraid. Must be some software issue and hopefully Roxio is working on this right now. I would love to have my slideshows in HD on a regular DVD, since you can have up to 30 minutes of HD on them.

Just upgraded to Toast 9 today & downloaded HD/BD plugin - only to experience the same problem. Does Roxio monitor this forum or are we just out here on our own?

This is a discussion forum for fellow users provided by Roxio (they do occasionaly appear).

As there has been no suggestions from any fellow users or Roxio since the original post Aug 31, I would suggest you contact Roxio Support.

Archived