• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Compatability Of Project Files

rogerwhitcomb

Question

I have an old version of Creator (7.5) and many important project files (DVD Builder, Label Creator, etc.) and want/need to upgrade to Creator 2009. I have at least one project in DVD Builder that I am still working on (2 hour DVD project) and would like to load the old 7.5 Creator project into the new version. Will this work? Has anyone tried this? Any potential pitfalls in doing so? Thanks for anyone's help/suggestions.

7 answers to this question

I have an old version of Creator (7.5) and many important project files (DVD Builder, Label Creator, etc.) and want/need to upgrade to Creator 2009. I have at least one project in DVD Builder that I am still working on (2 hour DVD project) and would like to load the old 7.5 Creator project into the new version. Will this work? Has anyone tried this? Any potential pitfalls in doing so? Thanks for anyone's help/suggestions.

It's not going to happen, but the good news is, you can keep EMC 7.5 on your computer, and finish your project using EMC 7.5.

I have EMC 7.5, 9, 10, and 2009 on my computer, and all of them run just fine. However, you can't have Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) or Windows Media Player 11 (WMP 11) installed on your computer, or DVD Builder won't work.

Rodger, when you do go to burn to a disc, make sure you encode to an ISO file and then copy the ISO to the disc using Disc Copier or Creator Classic. I think those options are available in EMC 7/7.5, This separates the encoding from the burning so the coputer doesn't have to work so hard. This raises the level of success in the burn.

Yes, those options are available in 7.5. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the information, but the whole reason for upgrading is that version 7.5 is crashing and leaving blank slides in my final video that I can't tolerate, so it is not an option to finish with 7.5....... Sigh.......

Roll back IE 7 to IE 6 and WMP 11 to WMP 10 as Grandpabruce suggested above,

If you still have a problem with missing or black panels it is usually related to a hardware problem. Typically, a video card that is not up to handling the program is the major cause.

Upgrading to Creator 2009 will not be the right thing to do until you solve the hardware issue.

Post you computer specs in your signature.

I have an old version of Creator (7.5) and many important project files (DVD Builder, Label Creator, etc.) and want/need to upgrade to Creator 2009.

Forget the Label Creator saved files if you give up version 7.5 - Label Creator 10.0 was the last one with backwards compatibility, so Creator 2009 won't read your 7.5 .JWL files. :(

Thanks, everyone, for your advice. I actually didn't have IE7, but I did have WMP11, which I have rolled back, and preliminary indications are that everything is working right with C7.5 (i.e., no blank slides and no crashes). So, maybe I don't have to upgrade and redo my project files after all. :)

BTW, the BIG project I'm working on has over 300 slides, multi-track audio, lots of motion effects, and is a full DVD in size (maybe more by the time I get done), so I was hoping NOT to have to upgrade.

Compaq Presario / AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.2Ghz / 2GB RAM, 250GB hard drive / XP SP2 (not SP3 yet -- crashed on last attempt to install) / ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series video, 256MB, 1600x1200 32-bit color / DirectX 9.0c / Phoenix Award BIOS v6.00PG

Thanks, everyone, for your advice. I actually didn't have IE7, but I did have WMP11, which I have rolled back, and preliminary indications are that everything is working right with C7.5 (i.e., no blank slides and no crashes). So, maybe I don't have to upgrade and redo my project files after all. :)

BTW, the BIG project I'm working on has over 300 slides, multi-track audio, lots of motion effects, and is a full DVD in size (maybe more by the time I get done), so I was hoping NOT to have to upgrade.

Compaq Presario / AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.2Ghz / 2GB RAM, 250GB hard drive / XP SP2 (not SP3 yet -- crashed on last attempt to install) / ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series video, 256MB, 1600x1200 32-bit color / DirectX 9.0c / Phoenix Award BIOS v6.00PG

Rodger, when you do go to burn to a disc, make sure you encode to an ISO file and then copy the ISO to the disc using Disc Copier or Creator Classic. I think those options are available in EMC 7/7.5, This separates the encoding from the burning so the coputer doesn't have to work so hard. This raises the level of success in the burn.

Archived