• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Fit To Disc

Convertible

Question

I always select either "Save disc image file" or "Create folder set" before burning the dvd. If the size is slightly more than will fit on a dvd, I use the Fit to Disc option. The one problem I have with Fit to Disc is that it can take close to 24 hours to complete the process for a single dvd. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate with 2GB Ram and a 512MB NVidea video card from BFG. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

3 answers to this question

I always select either "Save disc image file" or "Create folder set" before burning the dvd. If the size is slightly more than will fit on a dvd, I use the Fit to Disc option. The one problem I have with Fit to Disc is that it can take close to 24 hours to complete the process for a single dvd. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate with 2GB Ram and a 512MB NVidea video card from BFG. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

Don't use the Fit to Disc option. Always use HQ(High Quality), and burn to an image file or folder set, like you did. Then use Video Copy and Convert to burn it to a DVD.

Also, make sure that you uncheck the burn to a disc option, on the same screen as you opt for one of the 2 other burn options. And, make sure that you don't have any other processes running, and don't surf the net while you are burning to an image file or folder set.

Don't use the Fit to Disc option. Always use HQ(High Quality), and burn to an image file or folder set, like you did. Then use Video Copy and Convert to burn it to a DVD.

Also, make sure that you uncheck the burn to a disc option, on the same screen as you opt for one of the 2 other burn options. And, make sure that you don't have any other processes running, and don't surf the net while you are burning to an image file or folder set.

Grandpabruce:

I'm a little confused about your response to this question. If Convertible had to use "Fit to Disc" to fit the project on the DVD initially, how will it fit using "High Quality" later on when he burns the project from folders or an image?

Thanks very much for any help,

Chris

Grandpabruce:

I'm a little confused about your response to this question. If Convertible had to use "Fit to Disc" to fit the project on the DVD initially, how will it fit using "High Quality" later on when he burns the project from folders or an image?

Thanks very much for any help,

Chris

The "engine" in Copy and Convert or Creator Classic seems to work better so that the ISO is changed to just fit on the disc. The "Fit to disc" setting seems to be somwhat different in how it works (pre-sets?).

This information is from th experimence of many users.