• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting Mpeg-1 To Mpeg-4 On Toast 9 Titanium

Boston

Question

Just upgraded to the latest version of Toast 9. Trying to use MOV's from my sony digital camera to iMovie 08 so I keep trying to convert all these files to MPEG-4 so I can import them to my movie project. Always get an error message that says "Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS error, Result Code = 9011". Need answer to finish what i have started on my project.

Edited by Boston

4 answers to this question

Even if you didn't get the error you'd find that iMovie 08 won't recognize the Toast-created MPEG 4 file unless you did something extra with it in QuickTime Pro. So I suggest exporting to Digital Video (DV) instead.

You say this is an MPEG 1 file from a Sony digital camera. That's an odd format for a digital camera to use. This is a still camera that has a movie mode, right? When the movie is added to the Convert window how does Toast describe the specs of the video?

Are the movies on your hard drive?

Even if you didn't get the error you'd find that iMovie 08 won't recognize the Toast-created MPEG 4 file unless you did something extra with it in QuickTime Pro. So I suggest exporting to Digital Video (DV) instead.

You say this is an MPEG 1 file from a Sony digital camera. That's an odd format for a digital camera to use. This is a still camera that has a movie mode, right? When the movie is added to the Convert window how does Toast describe the specs of the video?

Are the movies on your hard drive?

Yes, this is a camera that has movie mode & it's 3 yrs. old. Toast describe the spec as MPEG 1. Yes my MOV's were downloaded to the hard drive in the iPhoto Library. And yeas I tried to convert it directly to Digital Video format but as soon as it's done it just disappear with the Toast dialog box.

Maybe you'd like to check out, how the free of charge MPEG Streamclip (squared5.com) can help you out ...

I agree with Opalla. I think using MPEG Streamclip may be the best solution for this. QuickTime Pro also can do it. I don't know why Toast is giving you this trouble.