• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Music Disc Distortion

djohnspangler

Question

No updates available for my build of EMC8.

I have burned a few DVDs in uncompressed PCM format that have all come out distorted. When I burn the same material from the same source onto CD is sounds fine. The distorion is a high frequency compression digi scramble sound. It is most noticeable during harmonica, pedal steel guitar or similar frequencies. I listened to the discs on my home system as well as my computer.

I also tried burning on my friend's computer which is a totally different system from my own and had the same effects.

Also, depending which screen I burn from, my tracks get burned in reverse order, despite smart menu at ascending order.

It does not eject disc after burn even though that box is checked.

Crashing issues in other compartments.

An unsatisfied customer that thinks "easy" should be dropped from the name

12 answers to this question

I'm having the exact same problem. I have a strange high frequency distortion on dvd music discs, almost sounds like a low quality mp3. I have tried different types of blank media. Writing to CD is fine, and writing to DVD with a defferent program is fine.

Also, I have not been able to successfully burn a dvd music disc since my first two. The menu encoding process gets to 51%, then the program encounters an unknown error and closes. I have wasted about 10 blank dvd's with this problem.

There are no firmware updates for my drive. I am starting with wav's saved on a network drive (sound fine in headphones before burn) and I am burning to uncompressed PCM. I am presently awaiting someone from tech support to contact me after he has had time to research the problem.

I've made a bunch of these disc and haven't had a problem with any kind of distortion.I've listened to them on both the computer and my home sound system.Just for grins try one of the other formats and see what happens.

I'm having the exact same problem. I have a strange high frequency distortion on dvd music discs, almost sounds like a low quality mp3. I have tried different types of blank media. Writing to CD is fine, and writing to DVD with a defferent program is fine.

Also, I have not been able to successfully burn a dvd music disc since my first two. The menu encoding process gets to 51%, then the program encounters an unknown error and closes. I have wasted about 10 blank dvd's with this problem.

There are no firmware updates for my drive. I am starting with wav's saved on a network drive (sound fine in headphones before burn) and I am burning to uncompressed PCM. I am presently awaiting someone from tech support to contact me after he has had time to research the problem.

Why don't you bring the files to a local drive first and try it? Burning with source files on a network drive can easily create coasters.

Well Guy, If you find anything out, I would appreciate a post here. I did upgrade my firmware and it didn't help one bit. I would agree that burning from a local drive could prevent underuns and such. Do you think Sonic Solutions is hiring Quality Assurance techs?

Where are you getting the distortion - on your computer? Have you tried to play that DVD on a DVD player in addition to your computer? Did you get the distortion on the stand alone player?

For tracks, you may have selected a option that you don't want now. Look for the Smart Track options.

Thanks for the response. To answer your question, yes, i've tried the music dvd on my home system and played the source file on my computer through the home system. I have distortion from multiple tries and from multiple sources. I will try a new batch of blanks next.

For tracks, my Smart track options are at default (since i've never touched them) and are checked for ascending order.

Thanks for the response. To answer your question, yes, i've tried the music dvd on my home system and played the source file on my computer through the home system. I have distortion from multiple tries and from multiple sources. I will try a new batch of blanks next.

For tracks, my Smart track options are at default (since i've never touched them) and are checked for ascending order.

What are the original source files, .MP3? .WMA? .WAV? CD? What sample rates (not bit rates) are they?

5 or more weeks now and still no patch for this module. They must be busy coming up with other half-assed software to get us to buy. I live near two of their offices and have just about gotten to the point of camping in their lobby. I swear if I get one more email of them trying to solicit me for this malfunctory upgrade they call "easy 8" ...

5 or more weeks now and still no patch for this module. They must be busy coming up with other half-assed software to get us to buy. I live near two of their offices and have just about gotten to the point of camping in their lobby. I swear if I get one more email of them trying to solicit me for this malfunctory upgrade they call "easy 8" ...

Tough to make a patch for a problem that they can't recreate. Looking at these forums, I have seen only 2 reports of this problem.

I called tech support to report this problem yesterday and they have had another report of this. If you are experiencing this problem I urge you to call them and reiterate these circumstances so we can get a fix quicker. They will not charge you for reporting a problem with their software. The number is 866-279-7694

I'm Pretty sure I'm the other report. I've been waiting weeks to hear back from tech support. I've pretty much given up by now and I'm working with a combination of programs to create DVD's in WMA lossless vbr format. Keep me posted if you hear anything and I'll do the same.

I called tech support to report this problem yesterday and they have had another report of this. If you are experiencing this problem I urge you to call them and reiterate these circumstances so we can get a fix quicker. They will not charge you for reporting a problem with their software. The number is 866-279-7694

Where are you getting the distortion - on your computer? Have you tried to play that DVD on a DVD player in addition to your computer? Did you get the distortion on the stand alone player?

For tracks, you may have selected a option that you don't want now. Look for the Smart Track options.

No updates available for my build of EMC8.

I have burned a few DVDs in uncompressed PCM format that have all come out distorted. When I burn the same material from the same source onto CD is sounds fine. The distorion is a high frequency compression digi scramble sound.

Also, depending which screen I burn from, my tracks get burned in reverse order. I obviously will not burn from that screen but weird still.

Archived