• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Says "no Media Devices" But Photo Sees Camera

Erin Blackwell

Question

I'm running EMC 9 on a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop with VISTA. I'm also connecting through an Iogear USB hub (GUH420). I'm trying to capture video from my Canon digital camcorder, model ZR 65MC.

When I try capturing video, it says "There are no devices available for this media type", but if I go to the Photo tab, it lists the camera under devices, even though the camera is set for Tape, not Card.

Why can it see it in one place, but not the other? How can I fix this?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

I'm running EMC 9 on a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop with VISTA. I'm also connecting through an Iogear USB hub (GUH420). I'm trying to capture video from my Canon digital camcorder, model ZR 65MC.

When I try capturing video, it says "There are no devices available for this media type", but if I go to the Photo tab, it lists the camera under devices, even though the camera is set for Tape, not Card.

Why can it see it in one place, but not the other? How can I fix this?

Thanks!

If you have a miniDV tape video camera, you have to be connected via firewire, to your computer. USB is for capturing photos, from your video camera. That may be why it is seen in when you click the Photo tab.

Archived