eka1930

Creator 2009 Homepage Too Large For My Screen

Question

I just installed Creator 2009. The home page ( The Startup page) is too large for my screen size.. I cannot see the top menu bar to minimize the page size. Besides, it is not a floating page, all my windows Icons and the window Start button is covered. I have to use “Ctrl + Esc” to go any where outside Creator home page.. I need help to get Creator 2009 page to fit my screen..

12 answers to this question

I just installed Creator 2009. The home page ( The Startup page) is too large for my screen size.. I cannot see the top menu bar to minimize the page size. Besides, it is not a floating page, all my windows Icons and the window Start button is covered. I have to use “Ctrl + Esc” to go any where outside Creator home page.. I need help to get Creator 2009 page to fit my screen..

Check your display Settings and make sure the DPI is set to Normal (96 DPI)

I have the same problem. The trouble is that if I reset the dpi to normal I can hardly read the text on screen at 1024x768. Why do we have to have this problem? I don't have it with other programs. What is more, even at normal dpi setting the display is partly obscured off the left hand side of the screen and I still cannot find a way of closing it except contol/alt/delete.

I have the same problem. The trouble is that if I reset the dpi to normal I can hardly read the text on screen at 1024x768. Why do we have to have this problem? I don't have it with other programs. What is more, even at normal dpi setting the display is partly obscured off the left hand side of the screen and I still cannot find a way of closing it except contol/alt/delete.
Alt-F4 has been the standard Keycode to close ANY Window's application since the beginning.

I set my resolution to 1024X768 and the Home app is perfectly visiable. You may have to adjust the horizontal settings of your monitor especially if you are still using a CRT type monitor.

Thanks Guys for the information. I tried all the valid suggestions, non so far is ideal as a permenent solution to this problem. Roxio need to come up with a solution to this ASAP. We cannot sacrifice the overall performance of the system just to accomodate an insignificant part of Creator 2009. RoXio Tech Support please give us a patch for this problem. Thank.

Thanks Guys for the information. I tried all the valid suggestions, non so far is ideal as a permenent solution to this problem. Roxio need to come up with a solution to this ASAP. We cannot sacrifice the overall performance of the system just to accomodate an insignificant part of Creator 2009. RoXio Tech Support please give us a patch for this problem. Thank.

You need to contact Roxio, directly, not just post it on a forum. And, they aren't going to come up with a solution, because none is needed.

I don't agree that this situation is acceptable. If I use normal dpi at 1024x768 on a 15 inch LCD screen, Wndows text is too small for me to read easily. I do not have a problem with any other programs at my chosen dpi setting so why should I have to alter the dpi just to suit the Creator 2009 Home Page.

I don't agree that this situation is acceptable. If I use normal dpi at 1024x768 on a 15 inch LCD screen, Wndows text is too small for me to read easily. I do not have a problem with any other programs at my chosen dpi setting so why should I have to alter the dpi just to suit the Creator 2009 Home Page.

A bigger monitor would probably help as well especially 17" or even 19" is kind of the standard now. I can't find any store carrying anything smaller than a 19" now.

A bigger monitor would probably help as well especially 17" or even 19" is kind of the standard now. I can't find any store carrying anything smaller than a 19" now.
And most of those are now widescreen.

I experienced this after installing 2009, 19" LCD, 1024 X 768 32bit, 96DPI, driver provider ATI Technologies Inc, driver date 7/31/2008, driver version 8.522.0.0, XP SP2 Home...

The work around I use is Ctrl, Alt, Delete, that brings up task manager and you can see the taskbar. Right click, minimize on the 2009 taskbar, then right click maximize. It then fills the screen the way it should.

cd

I experienced this after installing 2009, 19" LCD, 1024 X 768 32bit, 96DPI, driver provider ATI Technologies Inc, driver date 7/31/2008, driver version 8.522.0.0, XP SP2 Home...

The work around I use is Ctrl, Alt, Delete, that brings up task manager and you can see the taskbar. Right click, minimize on the 2009 taskbar, then right click maximize. It then fills the screen the way it should.

cd

interesting... so it's not a dpi related issue since you have the normal size 96 dpi? I tried it on my Vista machine with 17" LCD, 1024 X 768 32bit, 96DPI and it seems to be fine. The Roxio Central is just big enough to fill up the screen but it is not larger than the screen. I was able to drag the windows around.

Yes, that works to an extent. Thanks. There is just some of the bottom hidden by the taskbar and part of the right hand side of the 'do more' panel which is not visible. At least I can access the close button at the top right hand.

Yes, that works to an extent. Thanks. There is just some of the bottom hidden by the taskbar and part of the right hand side of the 'do more' panel which is not visible. At least I can access the close button at the top right hand.

Your welcome... :)

cd