• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

niniankyria1

Toshiba Satellite M105 S3064 Recordnow V7.0 Vista

Question

Computer is less than 2 yrs old. Upgraded to Vista and everything on the laptop quit working. Toshiba did not send any software disks except the system restore disk. The RecordNow was on the hard drive but I am clueless as to the product key. Laptop had to have operating system reinstalled even before upgrade to Vista. I am trying to resolve the issues so I can back up files onto CD RW for archiving. Can you help?

MGM

1 answer to this question

Hello,

If your laptop came with RecordNow 7 preinstalled by the computer vendor, then you will have killed it by changing your O.S. to Vista.

You haven't said what issues you're 'trying to resolve', but if you want to backup files to CD or DVD then Vista will do that for you. It has built-in burning systems which will write to CD or DVD.

Make sure you use the Vista "Authoring" system to burn your discs, since the Vista 'Live File' system is not as reliable as 'authoring'. See the excellent Vista help information for details of these burning systems and how to use them.

Please don't use RW discs for archiving, because they don't hold data as well or as long as ordinary R discs, which should last for decades if stored properly.

Cheers,

Brendon