• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2009 Ultimate Install

1grump

Question

14 answers to this question

What system (computer hardware) do you have? Post that; especially your video card and operating system. What is your monitor screen resolution?

Win XPSP2 - MOBO is Abit KT7A Raid - Video is Radeon 7000 - AMD Athlon 1.1G Processor - 1G rRam - Screen Res 1024x768

I've had earlier versions with two install disks and never had a problem.

Win XPSP2 - MOBO is Abit KT7A Raid - Video is Radeon 7000 - AMD Athlon 1.1G Processor - 1G rRam - Screen Res 1024x768

That computer may be too low end to do anything, even if you get it installed. First, see if there are new drivers for your video card. It is an ancient card, but there may be drivers, on the ATI (ASUS) site, that are newer than what you have on your computer.

That's a processor that is just above the minimums and a video chip that is probably not going to work with this program. The chip has very little on board memory. The last driver update was almost two years ago. You can see if this is a newer driver but I don't think that will solve your problem. I'm not sure that chip supports DirectX 9c.

Go to Windows>Start>Run> type in dxdiag> Click OK> When the Window opens, see if you have DirectX 9c. The go to the display tab, and on the left will be the video device on the right will be the drivers number and date. If it is earlier than Nov 2006, the update may help.

If you just bought this program directly from Roxio, return it and consider staying with one of the earlier versions.

Edit: Bruce, Great minds again

I think that you and I agree that this program won't run properly on that computer.

That's a processor that is just above the minimums and a video chip that is probably not going to work with this program. The chip has very little on board memory. The last driver update was almost two years ago. You can see if this is a newer driver but I don't think that will solve your problem. I'm not sure that chip supports DirectX 9c.

Go to Windows>Start>Run> type in dxdiag> Click OK> When the Window opens, see if you have DirectX 9c. The go to the display tab, and on the left will be the video device on the right will be the drivers number and date. If it is earlier than Nov 2006, the update may help.

If you just bought this program directly from Roxio, return it and consider staying with one of the earlier versions.

Edit: Bruce, Great minds again

I think that you and I agree that this program won't run properly on that computer.

I do have DirectX 9c and I have the latest drivers for everything in this system. I've been using EMC V7.5 for movies, photos, and everything else and never had a problem. I don't think there is that much difference between 7.5 and 9. I'm at a loss.

I do have DirectX 9c and I have the latest drivers for everything in this system. I've been using EMC V7.5 for movies, photos, and everything else and never had a problem. I don't think there is that much difference between 7.5 and 9. I'm at a loss.

Oh, but there is a HUGE difference between 7.5 and Roxio Creator 2009. You were lucky that your computer ran EMC 7.5 properly. It don't believe that it is going to run the 2009 version properly.

I just got this today and I can only install disk 1. When I try to install disk 2, I get a message telling me to go to the control panel and install and configure system components. Any ideas?

What system (computer hardware) do you have? Post that; especially your video card and operating system. What is your monitor screen resolution?

Archived