• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Do I Simply Create Multiple Copies Of My Son's Sporting Events?

momof2boys

Question

I just want to briefly explain what I need and hope someone can point me in the best direction.

I want to use my camcorder to record my son's football games. Then, come home, download the game to my hard drive, then make multiple copies to give to family. Currently, I download the mini-DV tape onto the hard drive which takes the amount of time equal to recorded time. Then, I make a DVD direct copy of the game with NO editing whatsover. Just a straight copy. This then takes about double the time of the recorded time because it plays back the entire game, then renders the DVD, then burns. Total time for 45 minutes of a recorded game takes me about 3 hours to burn. Then, I have to go back to the step of burning a second and third copy which takes a couple of hours for each. This is taking far too long.

So here's what I did. I purchased Roxio MyDVD9 Studio which gets me no better results unless I'm missing a step. I now purchased Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning, but don't know where to even start with that.

A friend of my husband's told him he has Roxio and it takes him only minutes to burn DVD's. What am I missing??? What do I need to buy to make this all easier????

I will be thrilled with any help anyone can provide. If you suggest I purchase the Easy Media Creator 10, I will do that, but can you tell me how that will make it faster???

I am running Windows XP and have 2 drives along with an external high speed DVD burner.

Thanks so much,

Gina

4 answers to this question

Your friend is either pulling your leg or doing something completely different…

Not sure what all is included in your package but what you want to do is do what you have been doing up to the point you click Burn.

Then you want to chose To File rather than disc. jot down the Path/filename

Close MyDVD and use Explorer to navigate to that ISO file and double click it. It should bring up a Roxio program to burn that file to disc…

Total time for 45 minutes of a recorded game takes me about 3 hours to burn. Then, I have to go back to the step of burning a second and third copy which takes a couple of hours for each. This is taking far too long.

Hello Gina,

I'm not sure that I can speed up the initial creation of a DVD from the recorded game, but we certainly can cut the time taken to make copies of it. Here's a simple way to copy a disc you have already burned.

Run Easy CD and DVD Burning, and at the left of the Home screen, the third tab down is 'Copy'. When you click that, you'll see among the items shown, one for 'Copy Disc" and another for 'Save Image to the Hard Drive'.

The first of these is for when you want to make just one copy of a disc. It will read in the disc, and then write out a copy. With this method you have to read the disc in for each copy you want to make.

The second is for when you want to make several copies. It reads the disc in to a Global Image file [.GI] file on the hard drive, and from there you can burn many copies by selecting the other copy option 'Burn Image to Disc'. Once you're finished with it, you delete the image you stored.

Doing the copies this way should reduce your time to 10-15 minutes once to make the image, and about 10-15 minutes to burn each copy.

Regards,

Brendon

The other way while slightly more complex to start, is good for making multiple copies without having to burn a disc to copy so it saves you the read-in time. I reinstalled my RedBox software to get you pictures.

When you've set up the game tape and are in MyDVD Express click on 'Create Disc' and look at the Burn Project box that appears.

post-208-1220443653.jpg

If you un-check the Burn to disc box, and check 'Save disc image file' MyDVD Express will make an .ISO image at the location specified, instead of burning your project to a DVD. An .ISO is a disc image like a .GI, only .ISO is more widely used. It will still take a long time to code and make the ISO, but you're avoiding one step in the first method. This is the way Jim mentioned, only with pictures added. :)

Once you've rendered your video and made the image, go back to the Home Screen. Go to Data, and select Creator Classic. That application has a menu item 'Burn from disc image'. Point it at your ISO file, and burn away. Repeat as necessary for each copy you want to make, and delete the ISO when you've finished with it.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived