• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Possible To Record Pc Game Footage?

rickc

Question

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has ever tried or if it were possible to record a screen capture of a game? I'd like to leverage the investment i have already made in EMC 10 rather than have to buy another app such as FRAPS or Pinnacle Studio.

If so, what application/process woulkd i look to emply from the suite?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has ever tried or if it were possible to record a screen capture of a game? I'd like to leverage the investment i have already made in EMC 10 rather than have to buy another app such as FRAPS or Pinnacle Studio.

If so, what application/process woulkd i look to emply from the suite?

Thanks

Try Jing (link); it is free. It captures in swf format (flash) so you can view it on your computer or share it on-line.

There are free video converters available so you can convert the swf file to mpg. Here is one example. I have not tried it on a swf file.

Do your editing (if desired), add transitions, music, etc. using Video Wave. Of course from that you can burn it to a disc if desired.

I didn't know that Studio has a screen capture function. :blink:

If the game allows you to save the footage, what format is it in?

If it's avi or mpg, there should be no problem importing that into Videowave and rendering it

It all depends really on whether you can actually capture moving graphics from thje game or not

Archived