• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Poor Video Quality

asandull

Question

I just made my first video using EMC8 and didnt have any trouble with anything until I viewed my final copy on TV. I noticed the faces seemed a bit blurred at some points and it was very shaky throughout. All video files are DV avi. files that worked well at Best quality using my previous video editing program. Now I'm using the same files in EMC8, also at Best quality... I tried burning it 3 times and I can’t figure it out. Like I said, these files burned perfectly using my other Roxio software so I didn’t think it could be the file.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Angie

I'm looking for 7.5 but I'm only finding Videowave 7? Is this the same thing? Sorry I'm so clueless

No. Unfortunately, Roxio must not sell it anymore. You should be able to find it at Best Buy, or some other retailer like that, but do a search on the net for it. It should be relatively inexpensive.

No. Unfortunately, Roxio must not sell it anymore. You should be able to find it at Best Buy, or some other retailer like that, but do a search on the net for it. It should be relatively inexpensive.

Thank you... Just ordered it... $26.00 including shipping... I better read the EMC 7.5 discussions now and get a head start. Should I anticipate a big difference between 7.5 and 8?

Thank you... Just ordered it... $26.00 including shipping... I better read the EMC 7.5 discussions now and get a head start. Should I anticipate a big difference between 7.5 and 8?

It all depends on what you are doing. VideoWave is about the same between the 2 programs, but DVD Builder is more user friendly than MyDVD, but a bit more limited in what it can do.

I hope that you got the Retail version of 7.5.

I just burned a 10 min movie and just watched it and thought the same thing. Quality was poor, shaky at times. I going to try the suggestion that this person made earlier to you. I had 7.5 and did not have this problem of quality at all! I think I might go back to 7.5!

Caroline

It all depends on what you are doing. VideoWave is about the same between the 2 programs, but DVD Builder is more user friendly than MyDVD, but a bit more limited in what it can do.

I hope that you got the Retail version of 7.5.

This what the description said...I hope this is the right one too.. Please let me know if this sounds right...

Brand New! Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5. This is new original software from the manufacturer. It has been opened, but never used, and is in the original box. Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 is a full-featured, easy-to-use Digital Media Suite that makes it easy to burn and copy CDs and DVDs and create professional-looking style movies. It now includes award-winning Backup MyPC Deluxe, a complete backup and disaster recovery application, Internet audio capture, DivX-to-DVD Creator, new Sound Editor, improved DVD slideshow, and a host of other enhancements. - includes original unregistered disks with registration key - paypal, gets next day shipping by priority mail. $6.95 S/H U.S.A. International postage to be determined by final destination Multiple items combined for shipping savings!

This what the description said...I hope this is the right one too.. Please let me know if this sounds right...

Brand New! Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5. This is new original software from the manufacturer. It has been opened, but never used, and is in the original box. Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 is a full-featured, easy-to-use Digital Media Suite that makes it easy to burn and copy CDs and DVDs and create professional-looking style movies. It now includes award-winning Backup MyPC Deluxe, a complete backup and disaster recovery application, Internet audio capture, DivX-to-DVD Creator, new Sound Editor, improved DVD slideshow, and a host of other enhancements. - includes original unregistered disks with registration key - paypal, gets next day shipping by priority mail. $6.95 S/H U.S.A. International postage to be determined by final destination Multiple items combined for shipping savings!

It looks like it should be the real deal. You will know when you get it installed.

Anybody have ANY solution or suggestions? Geesh, I feel so ignored... :)

Hi, Angie

I don't think you are being ignored, just that no one has any good suggestions. I read some of your previous post and realize you have a new video card and increased your memory. I am also sure you have taken the advice of many other posts and updated video drivers and directx if required. You don't mention the length of your project in terms of time, but only about 1 hour of video at best quality will fit on a 4.7 gig DVD. If yours is longer than that and you have Fit to Disc checked, the quality will suffer.

I have only one other suggestion that may help, and that is to save your project as an image file first and then burn the image file to a DVD using Disc Copier. To do that, uncheck burn to disk and check Save Disc Image File from the burn screen in MyDVD.

Finally, some users who have used previous versions of EMC have found that the video quality in Version 8 is simply not as good as in previous versions, such as V7.1 and V7.5. That is my situation so I continue to use Version 7.X for all video and DVD projects but use V8 for everything else.

I just burned a 10 min movie and just watched it and thought the same thing. Quality was poor, shaky at times. I going to try the suggestion that this person made earlier to you. I had 7.5 and did not have this problem of quality at all! I think I might go back to 7.5!

Caroline

I burned 3 different videos last night and all were as good as their original source files…

The variables are Source and Output Settings. Both have to be matching in quality.

Hi, Angie

I don't think you are being ignored, just that no one has any good suggestions. I read some of your previous post and realize you have a new video card and increased your memory. I am also sure you have taken the advice of many other posts and updated video drivers and directx if required. You don't mention the length of your project in terms of time, but only about 1 hour of video at best quality will fit on a 4.7 gig DVD. If yours is longer than that and you have Fit to Disc checked, the quality will suffer.

I have only one other suggestion that may help, and that is to save your project as an image file first and then burn the image file to a DVD using Disc Copier. To do that, uncheck burn to disk and check Save Disc Image File from the burn screen in MyDVD.

Finally, some users who have used previous versions of EMC have found that the video quality in Version 8 is simply not as good as in previous versions, such as V7.1 and V7.5. That is my situation so I continue to use Version 7.X for all video and DVD projects but use V8 for everything else.

Hi Merv:

Thanks so much your suggestion. The video length is only about 10-15 minutes long... I accidently saved it as an image final before my final burn so I'll try to locate that file. The first time I burned the video to dvd it was on 'Fit to Disc'. When I realized the quality was poor, I tried it again by opening up MyDVD, opening the file and then I changed it to 'Best' and Burned it. It was still really bad.

If I'm understanding correctly, your suggesting I open the file I saved as an image file and then drag it to the disc copier icon? I'll play around with it again tonight.

My 'being ignored' comment was meant in a playful way, hope no one thought I was being a witch. Everyone here has been very patient and cool with me.

EDIT: Nanaoneal just answered my question in another post about the iso file...

Thanks again!

Just open disc copier, on the left panel choose browse, it will probably take you to My video hopefully the .iso file is there, select it, then click advanced settings and make sure it is set to best, put in your disc and click on burn.

Hi Merv:

Thanks so much your suggestion. The video length is only about 10-15 minutes long... I accidently saved it as an image final before my final burn so I'll try to locate that file. The first time I burned the video to dvd it was on 'Fit to Disc'. When I realized the quality was poor, I tried it again by opening up MyDVD, opening the file and then I changed it to 'Best' and Burned it. It was still really bad.

If I'm understanding correctly, your suggesting I open the file I saved as an image file and then drag it to the disc copier icon? I'll play around with it again tonight.

My 'being ignored' comment was meant in a playful way, hope no one thought I was being a witch. Everyone here has been very patient and cool with me.

EDIT: Nanaoneal just answered my question in another post about the iso file...

Thanks again!

Your welcome, although I know I was not much help. And, no one including me, thought you were being a witch. I just feel if I do not have any suggestions that might help, I do not post. I feel some "shot in the darK" suggestion may cause additional problems above and beyond the original issue.

Just open disc copier, on the left panel choose browse, it will probably take you to My video hopefully the .iso file is there, select it, then click advanced settings and make sure it is set to best, put in your disc and click on burn.

Thanks for picking up my slack, Patty :)

Your welcome, although I know I was not much help. And, no one including me, thought you were being a witch. I just feel if I do not have any suggestions that might help, I do not post. I feel some "shot in the darK" suggestion may cause additional problems above and beyond the original issue.

Thank you Merv...

Now I have another question. I tried locating the image file and noticed my settings are to save in C:/image.iso. I tried changing the location to my external drive, to F:/My Videos and it's not allowing me to do that? Its greyed out. Any ideas or new post?

EDIT: Disregard... I figured it out... I typed in the location instead of browsing.

I burned 3 different videos last night and all were as good as their original source files…

The variables are Source and Output Settings. Both have to be matching in quality.

This is where I am very confused. I didn’t do anything to these video files to make the quality suffer. I'm using the same video files I used in a previous program (videowave movie creator). The quality was better using that ancient program than it is using the newest software... I don’t get it.

I tried burning it going through Disc Copier but I was still shaky and a bit blurred at some points. I'm going to have to agree that it is a software issue and not my video file. The quality for some reason wasn’t 'as' bad when I viewed it on my pc.

I'm going to try capturing the video again through EMC8 and see if that makes a difference. The video files I am using were captured using Videowave Movie Creator a while back.

Would I need a new camcorder to keep up with the newest software? Hope not, I'm too poor!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated...

Thank you Merv...

Now I have another question. I tried locating the image file and noticed my settings are to save in C:/image.iso. I tried changing the location to my external drive, to F:/My Videos and it's not allowing me to do that? Its greyed out. Any ideas or new post?

Let's make sure we are on the same page.

1. In My DVD, click the Burn icon on the far right in the Preview window.

2. When the "Burn Project" window comes up, uncheck "Burn to Disc"

3. Place a check mark in the "Save disc image file" file box

4. Click the Browse button in the Image File box, navigate to where you want to save the image file, give it a name, and click Save. The save location and file name should appear in the field to the left of the Browse button in the Image File box.

If that is not what is happening, I do not know what is going on. If that is the case, I would suggest you post a new message detailing your problem.

post-72-1144458593.jpg

Let's make sure we are on the same page.

1. In My DVD, click the Burn icon on the far right in the Preview window.

2. When the "Burn Project" window comes up, uncheck "Burn to Disc"

3. Place a check mark in the "Save disc image file" file box

4. Click the Browse button in the Image File box, navigate to where you want to save the image file, give it a name, and click Save. The save location and file name should appear in the field to the left of the Browse button in the Image File box.

If that is not what is happening, I do not know what is going on. If that is the case, I would suggest you post a new message detailing your problem.

Wow... This is why I will always buy Roxio... Thank you for mapping it out for me.

We are on the same page. My image file was saving to a location that I wanted to change. When I hit browse and located my destination, it wouldnt allow me to change it. So, instead I typed it in (duh) and it worked fine... It saved where I want it to be saved and burned very quickly.

Thank you both... I think this copy is going to be more clear. I havent viewed it on my TV yet but it looks very good from my computer! THANKS SO MUCH!

This is where I am very confused. I didn’t do anything to these video files to make the quality suffer. I'm using the same video files I used in a previous program (videowave movie creator). The quality was better using that ancient program than it is using the newest software... I don’t get it.

I tried burning it going through Disc Copier but I was still shaky and a bit blurred at some points. I'm going to have to agree that it is a software issue and not my video file. The quality for some reason wasn’t 'as' bad when I viewed it on my pc.

I'm going to try capturing the video again through EMC8 and see if that makes a difference. The video files I am using were captured using Videowave Movie Creator a while back.

Would I need a new camcorder to keep up with the newest software? Hope not, I'm too poor!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated...

I like EMC 8.0 for all but video work. The encoding in EMC 7.5 is far superior to that in EMC 8. Don't pull your hair out. You are correct in what you are saying about the non-quality that you are seeing in Version 8.

I like EMC 8.0 for all but video work. The encoding in EMC 7.5 is far superior to that in EMC 8. Don't pull your hair out. You are correct in what you are saying about the non-quality that you are seeing in Version 8.

Thanks Bruce... Do you think that's something that Roxio can and will fix with a patch or something at some point? Or will I always have this problem? If it cant and wont be fixed than I'll have to look into purchasing something else...

I have Vegas Studio and Pinnacle liquid v.6 maybe I'll try out one of them.

Have a great Day!

I just made my first video using EMC8 and didnt have any trouble with anything until I viewed my final copy on TV. I noticed the faces seemed a bit blurred at some points and it was very shaky throughout. All video files are DV avi. files that worked well at Best quality using my previous video editing program. Now I'm using the same files in EMC8, also at Best quality... I tried burning it 3 times and I can’t figure it out. Like I said, these files burned perfectly using my other Roxio software so I didn’t think it could be the file.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Angie

I have the same problem. I don't believe we can fix it. Its bad software.

Thanks Bruce... Do you think that's something that Roxio can and will fix with a patch or something at some point? Or will I always have this problem? If it cant and wont be fixed than I'll have to look into purchasing something else...

I have Vegas Studio and Pinnacle liquid v.6 maybe I'll try out one of them.

Have a great Day!

You could try those, but I don't know if they are any better than EMC 8. I don't have either program. I like version 8, for everything outside of the encoding. I doubt seriously that there will be a fix. I would hope that version 9.0 will have a better encoder. For now, EMC 7.5 is excellent.

You could try those, but I don't know if they are any better than EMC 8. I don't have either program. I like version 8, for everything outside of the encoding. I doubt seriously that there will be a fix. I would hope that version 9.0 will have a better encoder. For now, EMC 7.5 is excellent.

Amen.........I hope so too. :)

Archived