• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Do I Add More Files With Add Files

deandane

Question

As you know, SonicMyDVD calls the video you add through ADD FILES as a movie button.

What I cannot figure out is why I seem to be limited to six movie buttons before I get some message about it creating another menu....

I am making a DVD of small video items so i am barely tapping the 4.7 GB limit. It also seems from what I've read that I can have as many as 99 movie buttons, but there is information on how to expand the limit beyond the six.

I would appreciate insight from any of you who may be able to help me. Thank you for your consideration and any efforts on my behalf.

9 answers to this question

As you know, SonicMyDVD calls the video you add through ADD FILES as a movie button.

What I cannot figure out is why I seem to be limited to six movie buttons before I get some message about it creating another menu....

I am making a DVD of small video items so i am barely tapping the 4.7 GB limit. It also seems from what I've read that I can have as many as 99 movie buttons, but there is information on how to expand the limit beyond the six.

I would appreciate insight from any of you who may be able to help me. Thank you for your consideration and any efforts on my behalf.

You may be able to have as many as 99 buttons but that does not mean that all buttons would be on one page.

Six buttons on one page is generally enough before opening another menu page. Most DVD menus word with a similar number of buttons. The number of menu buttons has nothing to do with the DVD size.

You may be able to have as many as 99 buttons but that does not mean that all buttons would be on one page.

Six buttons on one page is generally enough before opening another menu page. Most DVD menus word with a similar number of buttons. The number of menu buttons has nothing to do with the DVD size.

Thank you to all of you for your kindness in reply.

I guess I was thinking that I could have a "trail" of movie buttons beyond the six the system lets me have.

What I understand now is that I can have more movie buttons/clips but I have to create another menu to house the next six or so in...and then another menu if I want to have more beyond that....so I could have a maximum of 16 menus (not likely i know) that could house up to 99 movie buttons/clips...

What I need to figure out now is how to create the next menu once I've added six files using the ADD FILES button...

I apologize for my denseness....would any of you be able to give me a short set of action steps or refer me to a place that explains this next step...which I have not been able to find despite my search efforts.

Thank you again...it's awesome to know people can be so generous with their knowledge....and I appreciate it.

Well, considering that a standard DVD disc holds about one hour of video at good quality, even 6 buttons means 6 10 minute clips - six sub-menus on each would give you 36 short (less than 2 minute) clips

Personally, I wouldn't want to go any lower than that (or your video duration would be in seconds per button) - probably take longer to select the clip than the clip will actually run

I think there is some confusion here between a data disc and a DVD Video disc.

If you make a data DVD, you add the clips and burn it. It will play on your computer (it may be possible to make some kind of a list, I'm not sure), and whether it plays on a given DVD Player depends on the firmware in the player.

A DVD Video is a specific format which is understood by all DVD Players (overlooking the question of Region codes, which doesn't apply to home-made DVDs).

A DVD Video on a Standard DVD/R is either 1 hour of best quality or 90 minutes of not-as-good quality. As has been said, it is based on time, not "file size", which will be adjusted to fit ... just as .mp3's are small and many will fit on a data disc like an .mp3 disc (which not all CD players will recognize) but an Audio CD is 80 minutes on a 700MB disc (the quality of an Audio CD made from .mp3s will be less than had .wav files been used to create the Audio CD but it's still 80 minutes max).

Lynn

What I need to figure out now is how to create the next menu once I've added six files using the ADD FILES button...

Try adding another movie after the 6th. Does the application automatically open a new menu to accommodate the 7th movie and add a button for it on that new menu?

I take it that you meant Movie instead of File since you have MyDVD, which is basically used for video work.

I think there is some confusion here between a data disc and a DVD Video disc.

If you make a data DVD, you add the clips and burn it. It will play on your computer (it may be possible to make some kind of a list, I'm not sure), and whether it plays on a given DVD Player depends on the firmware in the player.

A DVD Video is a specific format which is understood by all DVD Players (overlooking the question of Region codes, which doesn't apply to home-made DVDs).

A DVD Video on a Standard DVD/R is either 1 hour of best quality or 90 minutes of not-as-good quality. As has been said, it is based on time, not "file size", which will be adjusted to fit ... just as .mp3's are small and many will fit on a data disc like an .mp3 disc (which not all CD players will recognize) but an Audio CD is 80 minutes on a 700MB disc (the quality of an Audio CD made from .mp3s will be less than had .wav files been used to create the Audio CD but it's still 80 minutes max).

Lynn

I don't think there is a any confusion - the OP is talking about making a video DVD since he is talking about creating menus etc.

Archived