• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Printing Hard Copy Of Photo From Within A Dvd Show

Kayak Linda

Question

I have burned a DVD project with all my photos from last year. THere is a photo in the show that I would like to print as a solo print. How can I do that. Unfortunately I did not save all the photos once I burnt the DVD. I am not able to find a "Capture" to even save the photo to my harddrive. Any suggestions? Commerical photo printers do not have luck either. I am running on Roxio Creator DE, Version 9. I am reluctant to upgrade as I have not found this software to be user friendly and don't want to throw more money at something unless I know it will work.

Thanks for any thoughts.

2 answers to this question

Possibly the simplest way is to stop the playback at the point you want and hit the 'Prins Scrn' button on your keyboard. Open any graphics program (I use Paintshop Pro) and select Edit, Paste as new image

That will put the contents of the computer screen into an image which you can then work on

Thanks for any thoughts.

Use Windows Explorer and see what kind of files are on that DVD.

If all you have is are folders with .vob type files, then the suggestion above is about your a good option. You could also try to rename the .vob files to .mpg and see if VideoWave will see the files. Then you could put it on a storyline and 'extract' the picture.

However, if you burned a DVD with the option to store the original photos on the DVD, you might have the original photos on that DVD. ( At least I think that option was available in v9. I don't currently have it installed on a computer.)

NEXT TIME...... burn those photos to a DATA DVD or CD also. If you've burned it as a movie DVD, you've lost the original quality of the photos.