• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd Problem

kristarl

Question

I am using Roxio MyDVD to make a DVD of a program I transfered from my Tivo. When I click on "trim" in the edit movie screen, the program crashes and an error box pops up reading: VideoWave 11 is not responding.

How do I fix this problem? I just bought and installed Roxio creator 2009 and it is useless unless this problem is fixed.

Computer info: HP Pavilion Desktop

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40GHz

3 GB RAM

Windows Vista Home Premium

Thanks

24 answers to this question

Well, the CPU, the memory, and the OS are all OK. The program relies heavily on your video card/chip to do the processing. What do you have?

If you have a chip, then upgrading to a card with lots of memory may be the solution.

Was Vista a clean install or was it installed over XP?

Perhaps something in here will help. It is not your exact problem but the information provided may help. Does MyDVD open?

I am not really up on the computer tech talk, but is this the video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS? Windows Vista came installed on my new computer.

The computer is a HP, but the roxio creator 2009 I bought and installed myself.

Sorry Karistarl, I should have read your opening post more carefully. It does give that information. :) So do you know what type of file (the extension on the file that you transferred) that you transferred and maybe some additional information about the file ??

Frank...

Sorry Karistarl, I should have read your opening post more carefully. It does give that information. :) So do you know what type of file (the extension on the file that you transferred) that you transferred and maybe some additional information about the file ??

Frank...

The file extension is .tivo. Transfered the file from my Tivo to the PC using Tivo Desktop Plus like always. I don't think the file is the problem because it plays fine using Windows Media Player.

kristarl - please read that link I gave - a LOT of people are saying that it IS a Tivo problem and they also tell how to fix it

I did read the link you gave, but there was nothing about using Roxio software. It was about using software called VideReDo. Using that software, you have to change the file type around, etc. for it to work. That is why I chose the Roxio software. You are not supposed to have to do all that. I think I am going to get a refund for the new Roxio Creator 2009 and stick with my Roxio Easy Creator 9 that works.

What the link was saying was that there IS a big problem using native tivo files in anything - that's why I pointed it out to you

It suggests ways round the tivo problem - but it IS a tivo problem which everyone there admits

Unfortunately, very few (if any) commercial apps can deal with a source that is problematic

I am using Roxio MyDVD to make a DVD of a program I transfered from my Tivo. When I click on "trim" in the edit movie screen, the program crashes and an error box pops up reading: VideoWave 11 is not responding.

How do I fix this problem? I just bought and installed Roxio creator 2009 and it is useless unless this problem is fixed.

Computer info: HP Pavilion Desktop

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40GHz

3 GB RAM

Windows Vista Home Premium

Thanks

Well, the CPU, the memory, and the OS are all OK. The program relies heavily on your video card/chip to do the processing. What do you have?

If you have a chip, then upgrading to a card with lots of memory may be the solution.

Was Vista a clean install or was it installed over XP?

Perhaps something in here will help. It is not your exact problem but the information provided may help. Does MyDVD open?

It seems from what I can gather that making a 'standalone' DVD from Tivo is not a straightforward operation as they do something to the files (probably down to DRM)

Check this page

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=337555

I never had to do anything else when using Roxio Easy Creator 9. The problem is not from the Tivo, it is the Roxio Creator 2009 software. I think I got a bad disc. Now when I try to launch the Create DVD-Advanced, I get a pop error that says No Permissions to launch application.

I tried the chat live with a person and her reply was an immediate already typed answer of 3 things to try and then she was gone before I could even respond. I did the 3 things listed and the last one caused me problems. The person, Michelle, stated to clear everything from the "startup" except my firewall/virus protection. So I disabled everything and that caused my Tivo server to not work. Apparently it has to be clicked as well.

I have tried to email and create a help ticket. Everytime I click on save ticket I get an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure 'spU_InsertTicketWSS' expects parameter '@User_Id', which was not supplied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure 'spU_InsertTicketWSS' expects parameter '@User_Id', which was not supplied.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Right now I really regret buying the Roxio creator 2009 software. It has been nothing but a hassle. I had read some reports that Roxio software was not the greatest. I wish I had listened, but this was suppost to be the only software that worked with Tivo. I have since learned that is not correct.

There are also a lot more reports that Tivo does things to mess up the creation of standalone DVDs and this has been going on for a long time

If you read that website I gave, you would see that

The creation software cannot be blamed for obstacles put in its way by the original source material

There are also a lot more reports that Tivo does things to mess up the creation of standalone DVDs and this has been going on for a long time

If you read that website I gave, you would see that

The creation software cannot be blamed for obstacles put in its way by the original source material

As I said before, I never had a problem using Roxio Easy Creator 9 to make DVDs from Tivo recordings. That says that the problem is not with Tivo, but with the new software I purchased. I should have kept what I had. You live and learn.

Archived