• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Drag To Disc Is Not Supported In Windows Server 2003?

marlei

Question

Hello to all, I am new here!

I have just installed Windows Server 2003 in my PC to use it as workstation, and I installed Easy Media Creator 9.

My surprise was that, during the installation, I received a warning that Drag to Disc is not compatible with

Windows Server 2003 and therefore it won't be available!...

Does this mean that I won't be able to continue using my CD/DVD RW?... :unsure:

Is there a solution?

Greetings...and thank you ahead of time for any contribution and/or comment that I can be useful!

1 answer to this question

Roxio has said that Easy Media Creator is not supported in a server environment, so anything that does work in Server 2003 is a bonus.

In several environments where I have happily installed and used Drag-to-Disc, I have received warnings that it is not compatible and yet the software worked very well. If the installer allows you to, try ignoring the warnings and installing anyway. There are no guarantees, but it may well work for you too.

If Drag-to-Disc will not install and run, you can still use RW discs with EMC 9. You just erase them before use rather than formatting them, and write on them in 'sessions' with Creator Classic until they're full. Erase them again if you want to re-use them.

Please be aware that RW discs are not recommended for long-term storage, and that Drag-to-Disc isn't recommended for archiving, either.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived