• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installation Problem

cliffboy

Question

Hi,

Just downloaded Creator 2009 and now find that I cannot install it to my Vista PC. Have tried double clicking on the file on the hard drive, but computer 'hangs'! Burnt the files to a cd and tried to install on my work pc and works just fine. The file goes straight into unzipping the file and installs. Cannot make it do that on my BRAND NEW vista laptop at home! Do I have to downlaod Winzip to install it, or should Vista be able to cope with un-zipping the file? HELP!!!!!

Cliffyboy

6 answers to this question

The downloaded file is, as you guess, a self extract archive which can, however, be opened with winzip or winrar

However - if you read your license, you are only permitted to install on ONE computer - not two (unless you purchase a Volume License)

The downloaded file is, as you guess, a self extract archive which can, however, be opened with winzip or winrar

However - if you read your license, you are only permitted to install on ONE computer - not two (unless you purchase a Volume License)

Thanks, but I have not made a full install onto another computer, just let it initialise to see that it worked. And not managed to see the licence yet! The question is do I need to install Winzip or the like onto the vista machine to make it work? I would have thought that vista would have that facility?

Cliffyboy

Yes Vista should run it without anything else being needed.

Try your CD and see what it does on that PC.

Hi Jim, I have already tried that as I said in my original post and the pc just 'hung' with the little blue circle going round and round for ever (I left it for a good 30 mins to see if it started), but I had to go into task manager to end the task. I tried the cd on my pc at work (XP) and it initialised without any hiccup at all!

Hi Jim, I have already tried that as I said in my original post and the pc just 'hung' with the little blue circle going round and round for ever (I left it for a good 30 mins to see if it started), but I had to go into task manager to end the task. I tried the cd on my pc at work (XP) and it initialised without any hiccup at all!

Though it should work by simply executing the installer as downloaded you could also try to extract the exe file and install from there. I noticed that when I tried to install via the downloaded exe, that UAC kicked in and it took a long time before the actual installation started. But when I first extracted the downloaded exe (using WinZip or WinRar) and then installed from within the extracted files that UAC did not kick in. Don't know if it will work in your case, but you can try.

M.

Though it should work by simply executing the installer as downloaded you could also try to extract the exe file and install from there. I noticed that when I tried to install via the downloaded exe, that UAC kicked in and it took a long time before the actual installation started. But when I first extracted the downloaded exe (using WinZip or WinRar) and then installed from within the extracted files that UAC did not kick in. Don't know if it will work in your case, but you can try.

M.

Thanks. Will have to try with Winzip and see what happens! Slowly going off vista as I have had heaps of problems installing hardware onto the new laptop (old drivers etc). Cliffyboy

Archived