• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
hyphenate

Toast 8.03 Error -39

Question

I have followed the threads I found on this error -39 issue and didn't see a workaround yet. I am on 8.03, running it through a G4 powerbook. It multiplexes all the way through 100% and only then give the infamous error -39 message.

2 answers to this question

I have followed the threads I found on this error -39 issue and didn't see a workaround yet. I am on 8.03, running it through a G4 powerbook. It multiplexes all the way through 100% and only then give the infamous error -39 message.

I am using MPEG Streamclip and Toast 8 Titanium (which I bought recently) to transfer free to air Digital TV programs to DVD (for classroom use so no copyright issues). I created two DVDs sucessfully by converting the 'rec' files from my Topfield set-top box to mpeg using Streamclip. I bought he apple mpeg2 codec (AU $29.95) so I could trim the files. It worked for two DVDs then i started getting the error -39 problem.

It must be a problem with Streamclip to Toast because my <b>EyeTV to Toast DVD</b> creations are still working. I think its an 'end of file ' error problem but i can't figure out whats causing it.

If you find a solution please let me know.

I am using MPEG Streamclip and Toast 8 Titanium (which I bought recently) to transfer free to air Digital TV programs to DVD (for classroom use so no copyright issues). I created two DVDs sucessfully by converting the 'rec' files from my Topfield set-top box to mpeg using Streamclip. I bought he apple mpeg2 codec (AU $29.95) so I could trim the files. It worked for two DVDs then i started getting the error -39 problem.

It must be a problem with Streamclip to Toast because my <b>EyeTV to Toast DVD</b> creations are still working. I think its an 'end of file ' error problem but i can't figure out whats causing it.

If you find a solution please let me know.

I encountered a similar problem, including error -39.

I researched the issue, and found that error -39 occurs when a filename is too long.

Try shortening all filenames to less than (say) 35 characters, and see if the problem persists.

Good luck with this. . . I know it can be maddening.