Emc 10 Has To Be Restarted When Memory Is Full

wiry

Question

Maybe I am doing something wrong. But every so often I am not allowed to use the pan feature as it comes up with only the first picture and not the result feature.

This happens after I have been working for about an hour. So I figure I've used up some cache so I save, then close and reopen and it works. Is there a way to clear the memory without shutting down? I am working on a 12 minute and growing piece and it's a lot to hold in memory. I have created sections in videowave and use the first section to put onto My DVD ... it worked perfectly except for the scroll text feature. It was jumpy. So I changed it throughout to fly in. But I am going to have about 5 buttons all of them about 6 minutes except for the last which might reach 20 minutes. It's going to take forever to create the dvd so do you forsee any problems I might have with lengths, etc. Should I break down into more buttons for the last section? Thanks so much. You have been so helpful to me. I am learning this program through you and I am having a blast. NOT EASY to get all those music tracks to fit sections. But the addition of music really adds to defining sections. I have learned to lower the volume in certain places where there is talk on video and I want the music under but not over. Very interesting.

8 answers to this question

Thanks ... a great answer

Well, I created a great cd ... except it didn't copy a line drawing I had in at the end. It's in MY DVD but either it didn't copy to the iso file or the dvd didn't record it.. Any thoughts about that? I'm using a rather inexpensive dvd (fugifilm). Is there a way to view what's on the iso file?

Any suggestions on the best kind of dvd to use?

Thanks again.

Well, I created a great cd ... except it didn't copy a line drawing I had in at the end. It's in MY DVD but either it didn't copy to the iso file or the dvd didn't record it.. Any thoughts about that? I'm using a rather inexpensive dvd (fugifilm). Is there a way to view what's on the iso file?

Any suggestions on the best kind of dvd to use?

Thanks again.

You can view the iso file using Video Copy & Convert or view it using Disc Image loader.

What do you mean it didn't copy a line drawing?

Maybe I am doing something wrong. But every so often I am not allowed to use the pan feature as it comes up with only the first picture and not the result feature.

This happens after I have been working for about an hour. So I figure I've used up some cache so I save, then close and reopen and it works. Is there a way to clear the memory without shutting down?

I am working on a 12 minute and growing piece and it's a lot to hold in memory. I have created sections in videowave and use the first section to put onto My DVD ... it worked perfectly except for the scroll text feature. It was jumpy. So I changed it throughout to fly in.

But I am going to have about 5 buttons all of them about 6 minutes except for the last which might reach 20 minutes. It's going to take forever to create the dvd so do you forsee any problems I might have with lengths, etc. Should I break down into more buttons for the last section?

Thanks so much. You have been so helpful to me. I am learning this program through you and I am having a blast. NOT EASY to get all those music tracks to fit sections. But the addition of music really adds to defining sections. I have learned to lower the volume in certain places where there is talk on video and I want the music under but not over. Very interesting.

Wow, everything running together ! I added some paragraphs to help me understand. Forgive me if I broke it up incorrectly or missed something.

The cache files in this case are called proxy files. When you shut down, they are cleared so you can start fresh. You can clear the proxy files without shutting down by going to the top menu in VideoWave and then selecting Tools, Options and then press the clear proxy files button. That should clear it. BTW, don't forget to save the project frequently- under two different names so if one somehow gets screwed up, the other is still available.

What video card chip do you have? It may be that or the settings that are causing the issue with the text. Do you see any "jump" on either side of a transition (if you are using them)? Update the drivers for your video card/chip from the computer manufacturer's web site. Try that first and if they don't have any, look at the video card manufacturer's web site. Update DirectX 9c from Microsoft.

Keep the total program under one hour and you will be able to burn it at best quality to a single sided disc. Burn to an ISO file on your computer first and the copy that ISO to a disc using Creator Classic or Video Copy and Convert.

As for that 20 minute movie, that depends more on the subject matter and your preferences. Remember that you can add "chapters" to that 20 minute video so people can select the start point. That video will start at the selected point and then play to the end.

Glad you found out how to play with the music and the native audio track. Remember that there are lots of helpful hints in EMC 9 and EMC 10 Tips and Tricks. Karri has some excellent videos here. I have a couple here. If you go to the Roxio main page and click on MY Moments, Roxio has video and text tutorials.

Thanks

I am a little confused about why I burn to an ISO file first. What I've been doing is copying the video wave files to MY DVD and then burning directly onto disc. It looked pretty good on my tv. What is an ISO file? Why do I want to do that?

Thanks again. I'll try to use paragraphs from now on.

Call it a photograph of a line drawing. A simple little picture that I added as a .jpg file. It just skipped it completedly. I had a black panel before and a black panel after and it disappeared. I will check out if it's on the iso file. Favorite brand of cds?

Just watch the iso file and the picture of the line drawing is not on there either. Is there a continuous time limit for one video wave. This piece is running just shy of 25 minutes.

Maybe I should delete one of the less important pictures and try to burn it again. It's on the My DVD file just not on the iso file. Any thoughts?

Thanks

I am a little confused about why I burn to an ISO file first. What I've been doing is copying the video wave files to MY DVD and then burning directly onto disc. It looked pretty good on my tv. What is an ISO file? Why do I want to do that?

Thanks again. I'll try to use paragraphs from now on.

An iso file is an image of what will be eventually be on the DVD except that it is first created on your hard drive.

The reason for "burning" to an iso file first is that the rendering and burning become 2 separate operations. If you are burning to DVD directly and some problem occurs while rendering your DVD is ruined and you have to start over. If you first create the iso file and problems with "bad" images, video, etc are detected while rendering and no DVD is wasted. If the iso is successfully created the burn to DVD is much more likely to be Ok. The 2 step process takes a bit more time but is more likely to create a error-free DVD

Call it a photograph of a line drawing. A simple little picture that I added as a .jpg file. It just skipped it completedly. I had a black panel before and a black panel after and it disappeared. I will check out if it's on the iso file. Favorite brand of cds?

Just watch the iso file and the picture of the line drawing is not on there either. Is there a continuous time limit for one video wave. This piece is running just shy of 25 minutes.

Maybe I should delete one of the less important pictures and try to burn it again. It's on the My DVD file just not on the iso file. Any thoughts?

Since you are creating your project initially in Videowave, output from there to a DVD quality mpg file. You can play that file using any software player such as WMP. If the problem exists in the mpg file then the problem is with you project setup.

You say you have black panels before and after the problem panel: what are the durations of each panel, what transitions and their duration?

What happens if you leave out the black panels? or move the panel to another location?

Archived