No Audio After Converting .avi To .iso Or Dvd

Bablitz

Question

Hi, I cannot seem to get audio output after converting .avi files to DVD or .iso. The source .avi file is fine but after rendering..no audio.

I am new to the program and hope I am just missing something obvious. I am using a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop.

Any advice would be appreciated

Bud

9 answers to this question

What is the sopurce of the avi files and also, is it a full or an OEM version of the program?

Thanks for the quick reply. The source of the .avi was www.ZML.com (purchased movie) and the version of Creator 10 is a full version purchased in Canada at Staples just this week.

Bud

From that website:

99% of playback and download problems WILL be solved if you follow these simple rules:

1. All movies do have English audio stream! Do NOT use Windows Media Player. It does NOT support switching between languages, instead it mixes all language tracks together! Download a freeware video player from the section below or just use any other player you like.

2. If you have problems with video or sound (like no picture or no sound), the first thing to do is to download and install codec pack from the section below. You should uninstall any other codec packs from your system IF you have any. Our movies are encoded with Xvid/DivX codec which is not installed on Windows systems by default, however it's a very wide used codec so most people already have it.

3. Do NOT use Internet Explorer to download movies! Movies are split into relatively large files (500-700MB) and if your download freezes for some reason, Internet Explorer will NOT resume it! Use some download manager instead like FlashGet which can be downloaded for free from the downloads section below.

Software Downloads

All these downloads are FREE, software does not contain any adware or spyware.

Codecs: K-Lite Codec Pack 3.2 download | official website

Video Player: VLC 0.8.6c Windows | Mac OS X | official website

Download Manager: FlashGet 1.88 download | official website

Check their help page ;)

From that website:

99% of playback and download problems WILL be solved if you follow these simple rules:

1. All movies do have English audio stream! Do NOT use Windows Media Player. It does NOT support switching between languages, instead it mixes all language tracks together! Download a freeware video player from the section below or just use any other player you like.

2. If you have problems with video or sound (like no picture or no sound), the first thing to do is to download and install codec pack from the section below. You should uninstall any other codec packs from your system IF you have any. Our movies are encoded with Xvid/DivX codec which is not installed on Windows systems by default, however it's a very wide used codec so most people already have it.

3. Do NOT use Internet Explorer to download movies! Movies are split into relatively large files (500-700MB) and if your download freezes for some reason, Internet Explorer will NOT resume it! Use some download manager instead like FlashGet which can be downloaded for free from the downloads section below.

Software Downloads

All these downloads are FREE, software does not contain any adware or spyware.

Codecs: K-Lite Codec Pack 3.2 download | official website

Video Player: VLC 0.8.6c Windows | Mac OS X | official website

Download Manager: FlashGet 1.88 download | official website

Check their help page ;)

Thanks, I had read those statements and have viewed the .avi using VLC player, I have downloaded the codec pack recommended, but have not uninstalled any codec(s). Where would they live on my computer? Is it as simple as using add/remove programs?

Bud

Use gs[pot (available here) to check the audio codec

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Thanks, I'll try that tonight (I'm at work now)

Now again, when I playback the .avi using VLC the audio track is there everything is fine.

But when rendering there is no audio in preview, and of course no audio in the resulting output file.

Is this really a codec problem, or am I missing a setting or something?

Bud

It could be a missing codec - again, it has been known for some files to lose audio when rendered to DVD format (Tivo is notorious for that). The file may have been 'doctored' under DRM to prevent it being converted

Thanks again, I'll follow up on the codec route tonight and prehaps try a different .avi file as well.

Bud

Archived