• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Really A New Version This Time?

ghall426

Question

I've had Roxio Creator since version 5 or 6. I think the product is great and believe it is the best available, but I've been disappointed on versions 8, 9, and 10. It seems as though the application code has been revised very little in the past couple versions. Some of the problems and bugs I've experienced in version 8 are still around in 10. I've brought these to their attention on each release, yet they seem to go untreated. It seems as though they just spice up the user interface and call it a new version.

Just wondering if Creator 2009 is worth the upgrade.

Greg

3 answers to this question

I've had Roxio Creator since version 5 or 6. I think the product is great and believe it is the best available, but I've been disappointed on versions 8, 9, and 10. It seems as though the application code has been revised very little in the past couple versions. Some of the problems and bugs I've experienced in version 8 are still around in 10. I've brought these to their attention on each release, yet they seem to go untreated. It seems as though they just spice up the user interface and call it a new version.

Just wondering if Creator 2009 is worth the upgrade.

Greg

If you will use the AVCHD and Blue Ray features then it is a no brainer. The add on for Sonicfire is also great if you like to adjust audio tracks for the projects. There is some improvement in transferring stuff from your computer to your portable devices. There are some additional MyDVD templates also.

Of course you should upgrade ! It is the American way. :blink::lol::lol:

Of course you should upgrade ! It is the American way.

The point Greg makes is valid. There is a little concern we're being sold the same product with a different interface.

I'm sure the HD functions make this an essential purchase, but it is reasonable to think any previously identified bugs are rectified from one version to the next?

I would love to upgrade as its also the British way :) but Roxio doesn't appear to support its products very well with patches and updates. Yes, there are some out there but it doesn't appear like they rush to fix stuff?

I'm holding off for a while until I see enough feedback to re-assure me there's enough of a change to warrant a £50 outlay.

Is it not time that Roxio offered a big(ish) upgrade discount to owners of previous versions to encourage sales? Just a thought!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Edit* ..... I've just had a play with the 2009 version on a friends PC and it looks very nice indeed! Yes, some of it has been seen before but never in such a slick package.

One facility that I've never used before was the naming of mp3 files where you had captured from an online radio station.

Very nice and worked perfectly. I dunno if that was in a previous version as I've never had cause to use it until now!

Looks slick, never crashed once in over a couple of hours on a Vista machine.

I'm very tempted to upgrade.

Jim

Edited by JamesTw