• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Tracks

Maximus Prime

Question

I have a few foreign films that I want to compress all onto one DVD, and I'm using Toast 9 to do it. They all have subtitles and different audio tracks that I was able to extract. Now, how do I add these audio tracks in Toast? I have figured out how to add subtitles, but not yet different audio tracks. Is this possible? Thanks.

2 answers to this question

When Toast is authoring a video DVD it can use one audio track. The only times multiple audio tracks are possible is when using the "from VIDEO_TS" setting.

Oops. Drun (below) has it right if the video is already MPEG 2 encoded and Toast does not re-encode.

As far as I know Toast automatically adds audio tracks provided the audio file has the same name as the video file and is present in the same folder.

Another way of doing this would be to use Moviegate (www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/25352). This allows you to combine video, audio and subtitle files. It will then make a VIDEO_TS folder. In Toast you can combine multiple VIDEO_TS folders using the VIDEO_TS Compilation setting.

You mention you have figured out how to add subtitles in Toast.

Can you tell me the procedure?

Archived