Converting Old Project Files

justaddsticks

Question

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if this has been answered before, but I've searched repeatedly without success, so turn to you more experienced users.

I've recently migrated to XP Pro, and found that ECD 6 caused disc problems with my copy of XP, so purchased ECD 9. Now I find that I can't read the project files that I stored under ECD 6.

Is there any way to convert these old project files to a format that version 9 will read? Failing that, how did you all get version 6 to work with XP? Mine makes my second hard drive appear twice and be only available from the second, spurious, appearance.

Thanks for any and all help.

Paul

4 answers to this question

V6 worked fine with XP when I had it - but a lot depends on how XP was installed - did you do a clean install (format the drive and start from scratch or did you do the 'upgrade' path and install it over an older OS?

The only one that had any problems under XP was ECD5 which took a hissy fit with Service Pack 2 (it worked fine up to that point) - earlier versions didn't work at all

I play in a 20 piece jazz big band, and have been recording some of our performances over the last several years. I edit the recordings and burn cd's for my own use and for the other members of the band. So I have layouts for over 30 performances, and although I could rebuild them in the new version I'd obviously like to avoid that effort.

And not to sound like a Luddite, but version 6 has been entirely adequate to my needs and has worked very well.

In answer to the earlier question, I did a clean install, reformatting the drive and starting from scratch. Thanks for the help. Not what I hoped to hear, but it clarifies the issue.

Edited by justaddsticks