Question

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the music we use with our photoshows. I noticed that if we wanted to download anything other than what's on the Roxio music list that we can't post to a website because of copyright restrictions.

There's a song I'd like to use with my photoshow - a hometown thing - but I'd like to try posting this particular show to youtube just to add a twist to the same song added to older slideshows.

Someone told me to use my Windows Moviemaker to add my music from itunes, but it's taken me so long to get the hang of preparing the photoshows here, I hate to start all over again.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this round-a-bout question for me.

BTW, this is such a great way to share photos. It used to be such a hassle trying to take, print and send pictures to family scattered all over the country. Everyone loves this and they have such fun seeing the best of the best.

14 answers to this question

Hi! I haven't found a way to "get around it yet". How I've been dealing with it....is the PhotoShows I put online, I use the "sanctioned" music. For the PhotoShows I burn to a DVD and give to friends, I use my own MP3's.

Since I no longer have my premium membership (see my post above)... I may resort to Windows Movie Maker. From what I understand, you can use your own music. And from that point....you can save your show and upload to the internet. As much as I love Photoshow....the music issue has been grating on me...since I'm running out of choices in my shows. (I use A ALOT of music!!!)

Edited by Flip Flop

Hi! I haven't found a way to "get around it yet". How I've been dealing with it....is the PhotoShows I put online, I use the "sanctioned" music. For the PhotoShows I burn to a DVD and give to friends, I use my own MP3's.

Since I no longer have my premium membership (see my post above)... I may resort to Windows Movie Maker. From what I understand, you can use your own music. And from that point....you can save your show and upload to the internet. As much as I love Photoshow....the music issue has been grating on me...since I'm running out of choices in my shows. (I use A ALOT of music!!!)

Thanks so much for answering that for me. I guess I'll try Windows Moviemaker and transfer the order of the pictures so that they're the same as in my photoshow and then try my own music.

I have a few more shows I'd like to make and am anxious to start them. I really do love how easy Roxio makes creating them, though, and for the most part the music has been working for what I've done - I can see running out of songs tho, so hopefully they'll either add on to what's already available or figure out a way that we can use our favorite songs right here.

Thanks so much for answering that for me. I guess I'll try Windows Moviemaker and transfer the order of the pictures so that they're the same as in my photoshow and then try my own music.

I have a few more shows I'd like to make and am anxious to start them. I really do love how easy Roxio makes creating them, though, and for the most part the music has been working for what I've done - I can see running out of songs tho, so hopefully they'll either add on to what's already available or figure out a way that we can use our favorite songs right here.

Hello!

I also love the ease of using PhotoShow! I've been using it for over a year and it's FABULOUS!!! It's a great program and I've recommended it to lots and lots of friends. PhotoShow has updated their music a bit...adding a few songs here and there but unfortunately not enough for me!! I like the variety of music they offer...and to be honest, there is a lot I never would have used on my own...but if I'm doing a 12-15 minute show I will probably use at least 10 music selections. I have "my favorites" and tend to fall back on them probably too often...cause my friends have started to recognize certain selections. LOL! If you wish you can view my shows here:

http://www.photoshow.com/members/teaqueen

Now that I'm stuck in BASIC mode, I don't have the flexibility to create the fun shows I did in the past and share them online (my fave way to do it!). Thus the decision to perhaps try Window Movie Maker. Please let me know if you try that program....would love to hear your impressions. I'll let you know too...if I venture that way. Also, if you have an online photoshow site....could I see your movies? I love watching what others have done as it gives me good ideas! (we can learn from each other)

Lynne

Hello!

I also love the ease of using PhotoShow! I've been using it for over a year and it's FABULOUS!!! It's a great program and I've recommended it to lots and lots of friends. PhotoShow has updated their music a bit...adding a few songs here and there but unfortunately not enough for me!! I like the variety of music they offer...and to be honest, there is a lot I never would have used on my own...but if I'm doing a 12-15 minute show I will probably use at least 10 music selections. I have "my favorites" and tend to fall back on them probably too often...cause my friends have started to recognize certain selections. LOL! If you wish you can view my shows here:

Now that I'm stuck in BASIC mode, I don't have the flexibility to create the fun shows I did in the past and share them online (my fave way to do it!). Thus the decision to perhaps try Window Movie Maker. Please let me know if you try that program....would love to hear your impressions. I'll let you know too...if I venture that way. Also, if you have an online photoshow site....could I see your movies? I love watching what others have done as it gives me good ideas! (we can learn from each other)

Lynne

WMM (Windows Movie Maker) works fine, but you don't get the options to cutesy it up like PhotoShow. I like PhotoShow for making quick projects to post in MySpace or You Tube or any other site for sharing.

WMM (Windows Movie Maker) works fine, but you don't get the options to cutesy it up like PhotoShow. I like PhotoShow for making quick projects to post in MySpace or You Tube or any other site for sharing.

Have you tried using Videowave in Roxio 2009? It makes awesome movies. You can use your own songs, and make some great effects. It isn't just a really quick thing though like Photoshow is, but it is worth the effort to make some really nice movies.

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the music we use with our photoshows. I noticed that if we wanted to download anything other than what's on the Roxio music list that we can't post to a website because of copyright restrictions.

There's a song I'd like to use with my photoshow - a hometown thing - but I'd like to try posting this particular show to youtube just to add a twist to the same song added to older slideshows.

Someone told me to use my Windows Moviemaker to add my music from itunes, but it's taken me so long to get the hang of preparing the photoshows here, I hate to start all over again.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this round-a-bout question for me.

BTW, this is such a great way to share photos. It used to be such a hassle trying to take, print and send pictures to family scattered all over the country. Everyone loves this and they have such fun seeing the best of the best.

Maybe there's something I don't understand regarding copywrite infringements, but I thought DRM-free songs would be acceptable to Roxio on line to really customize your PhotoShow. What does DRM-free mean?

Digital Rights Management or "DRM" commonly refers to software that is designed to control or limit how a file can be played, copied, downloaded, shared, or accessed. DRM-free means that the MP3 files you purchase from Amazon.com do not contain any software that will restrict your use of the file.

I've tried to upload these to my PhotoShows, but Roxio won't let me publish, other than to make a DVD.

Am I missing something here?

Maybe there's something I don't understand regarding copywrite infringements, but I thought DRM-free songs would be acceptable to Roxio on line to really customize your PhotoShow. What does DRM-free mean?

Digital Rights Management or "DRM" commonly refers to software that is designed to control or limit how a file can be played, copied, downloaded, shared, or accessed. DRM-free means that the MP3 files you purchase from Amazon.com do not contain any software that will restrict your use of the file.

I've tried to upload these to my PhotoShows, but Roxio won't let me publish, other than to make a DVD.

Am I missing something here?

How do you know that the mp3s that purchase frome Amazon are DRM free?

Did you burn the DVD without Music? How do you then add your own Music?

When you burn a DVD at home you can use custom MP3s.

But how do you do this? I burned a DVD from photoshow 5 with std music, now how do I change it?Can I burn a DVD from the old photo show that allowed me to use my own music, but won't allow me to upload?

But how do you do this? I burned a DVD from photoshow 5 with std music, now how do I change it?Can I burn a DVD from the old photo show that allowed me to use my own music, but won't allow me to upload?

There is currently no option to add custom MP3s to shows in Roxio PhotoShow. If you still have PhotoShow 5 you can still use it to burn DVDs of shows saved in that program.

Hello!

Lynne

Do you know how to add multiple music selections to a 12-15 minute show?