• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Do I Get Picture And Sound Together?

wrantz

Question

I try to copy my old VHS recordings to the hard disk drive using Creator Basic v9 (in Vista). I connected the VCR to the Pinnacle Dazzle capture card and to the Realtek sound card. I get a nice preview of picture and sound but as I playback the captured samples there is no sound! When I switch to the audio mode I can record and playback sound from the VCR without problems but in the video mode the audio device/input fields in the options window stay greyed out (which I suppose is the main reason for the failure). Is there any trick to activate them? I will be grateful for any suggestion.

3 answers to this question

I try to copy my old VHS recordings to the hard disk drive using Creator Basic v9 (in Vista). I connected the VCR to the Pinnacle Dazzle capture card and to the Realtek sound card. I get a nice preview of picture and sound but as I playback the captured samples there is no sound! When I switch to the audio mode I can record and playback sound from the VCR without problems but in the video mode the audio device/input fields in the options window stay greyed out (which I suppose is the main reason for the failure). Is there any trick to activate them? I will be grateful for any suggestion.

Doesn't the Pinnacle Dazzle capture card have a sound input port? Usually you capture both the video and sound through the capture card.

Are you using a Pinnacle CARD or a device (USB plug in)?

The first thing I'd look at is the setting in Media Import to make sure the audio card is the selected device and that it is not muted. See image below.

If the card is not shown or if it is but you still can't get the audio capture, play with the setting in Vista to make sure that the record function is enabled. I'm not at a Vista computer now so I can't give you directions on how Vista works to enable the card.

If you are using the USB plug in, the audio goes into that and not your card. Sorry to be so basic but I'm covering all bases.

post-58-1220868654.jpg

Thanks for your replies! What I exactly use is the Pinnacle PCTV Analog PCI Tuner with two antenna inputs and one RCA input where I connect the VCR cable. Previously I tried to connect both video and audio to that input but there were no sound even in preview. Now, as I connect audio via line-in input to the sound card, I can hear sound synchronized with picture preview, but I cannot record it. These are exactly these fields you point at in the image that remain greyed out although I would rather expect the option "Line-in Sound Card" or similiar should appear.