More Install Problems

JeffV

Question

Downloaded version of C2009.

Installed SUCCESSFULLY, first try on a crappy Gateway. After trying to manipulate files, I realize that this was a mistake, so...uninstall and decide to put it on a brand new workhorse.

Followed the directions for Clean Install from http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000...R?set-locale=en

So, now I'm running the backup version of the three downloaded files.

First one FN56GA50R13_RoxioCreator2009

I missed the first couple of actions (Installing .net etc...), picking up where I started paying attention:

Installing DirectX

Installing SmartSound

Installing Roxio File Back Up

Installing Roxio Back on Track

Installing Activation Module

Installing SmartSound (again?)

then I watch the Music Files load,

Then I get the splash screen "Setup Wizard Completed Successfully"

Reboot.

Where's the .exe file?

I expected to find "C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009\Roxio Central 4\RoxioCentralFx.exe" but the .exe file isn't there.

Because of the previous install, I know to expect about 19 folders in the Roxio Creator 2009 folder, but I only have 4..."5.0" "Certificates" "Common" and "Roxio Central 4"

But, nowhere did the program executable load.

Vista 64 bit, quad core 2.6, Dual Video Cards...you name it, this rig has it. The Gateway is a 3yo piece of crap.

Ideas?

BTW...I also ran the Windows Install Cleanup tool, and CCleaner as well. I removed old versions of all Roxio products and Nero products too. This is one whistle clean machine.

7 answers to this question

Negative.

I did another completely clean install today.

I even went out and re-downloaded the installation programs, rather than rely on my disc-based backups.

Would you believe I now have even fewer folders in my "Roxion Creator 2009" folder. The ONLY folder that installed was AudioCore. SmartSound does exist in a separate folder (not under C2009).

I can't believe this is actually going backwards on me!

BTW...I went back and RE-Installed on the old Gateway (successfully, natch).

Reloaded all of my files and tried to burn a 20GB Blu-Ray disc. After 18 hours of rendering (now you know why I want to be on the workhorse machine), "VideoWave 11 has stopped working."

Great....thanks a lot Roxio. Although the machine is old and slow, it does have your minimum criteria to run C2009.

So, I'm at a loss. I have no working product...on two machines. Maybe I should try the third, at least that one runs XP.

Negative.

I did another completely clean install today.

I even went out and re-downloaded the installation programs, rather than rely on my disc-based backups.

Would you believe I now have even fewer folders in my "Roxion Creator 2009" folder. The ONLY folder that installed was AudioCore. SmartSound does exist in a separate folder (not under C2009).

I can't believe this is actually going backwards on me!

BTW...I went back and RE-Installed on the old Gateway (successfully, natch).

Reloaded all of my files and tried to burn a 20GB Blu-Ray disc. After 18 hours of rendering (now you know why I want to be on the workhorse machine), "VideoWave 11 has stopped working."

Great....thanks a lot Roxio. Although the machine is old and slow, it does have your minimum criteria to run C2009.

So, I'm at a loss. I have no working product...on two machines. Maybe I should try the third, at least that one runs XP.

The minimum specs that are listed are a joke. They are minimum specs to boot up a computer. :(

Hi Jeff,

Did you receive the e-mail I sent yesterday?

Ivan

I don't believe I did. I know we exchanged information. Is it possible that I had a typo. Resending the PM.

I had another hour to waste...so, I tried installing on my XP machine.

There were problems with .net 3.5, and the install stopped mid-stream.

This is FYI only. I have no real intention of working with HD video on the XP machine (which is older than the Gateway referenced earlier).

I do find it entertaining that I'm oh-fer on getting this software to install/work.