Can't Capture/import Video From A Panasonic Dv Camcorder?

pingiii

Question

I'm trying (for the first time) to import a DV from my panasonic DV camcorder. The program recognizes the camera fine, but when I hit the record/capture button, the timer starts counting but nothing happens. It appears that the software is not sending the command to the camera to start playback. Anyone have this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

I'm trying (for the first time) to import a DV from my panasonic DV camcorder. The program recognizes the camera fine, but when I hit the record/capture button, the timer starts counting but nothing happens. It appears that the software is not sending the command to the camera to start playback. Anyone have this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks!

Is your camera connected to the PC via Firewire connection as required by EMC? Can you capture using the software that came with the camera or with Windows Movie Maker?

To Eliminate the cable, try capturing with Windows Moive Maker or WinDV (free shareware). If those work, then you know it isn't a hardware issue. I may have worked before. Hardware breaks so you need to try other software to make sure there isn't a connection problem.

Archived