• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help Needed With Cd Creator 5

VTfrmGA

Hi.. I'm new to this and I hope I am posting on the correct forum. Easy CD Creator 5.2 Basic came with my computer when it was purchased. (yes I know it's old but until now I haven't had any problems with it ). I am using Windows XP (service pack 2). When I try to burn something I am getting an error message "EASY CD CREATOR ENGINE INITIALIZATION HAS FAILED. (could not initialize the engine). I put the originial installing/resinstalling disc in and tried to resintall the program again.. Same error. I would be forever grateful if anyone has a solution to this as I am on a fixed income (getting old stinks.. lol) and I really can't afford any out of pocket $$ expenses to correct. Thank to all for taking time to ready this

Vicki

(sorry for the small font.. I couldn't enlarge it..) I'm having a really bad day.

Hi Vicki,

Understand the fixed income, and the font is the standard board font on this Invision board, so no worries. :)

Your version 5 should work fine in XP-SP2, although I wouldn't like to bet on it in SP3. How did it come to stop working?? Did you change something on the system about that time?

Probably the best I can suggest for you is to do a "clean uninstall". The Roxio installer leaves some registry settings alone when it finds them, which means that broken settings don't necessarily get fixed by a reinstall. The best thing to do in that circumstance is to thoroughly clean all traces of Easy CD Creator out, before you reinstall.

Here's how to do it:

-download a copy of Roxizap from here.

-use the Control Panel Add/Remove programs to uninstall ECDC 5.2

-run Roxizap. [be aware it will disable any other Roxio software you have installed.]

-restart your machine

-disconnect from the internet and stop all background processes such as antivirus, firewall, etc.

-install ECDC5.2 from your CD, and apply any necessary updates

-restart all your AV, Firewall, or other background processes.

That should do the trick. Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi.. I'm new to this and I hope I am posting on the correct forum. Easy CD Creator 5.2 Basic came with my computer when it was purchased.

Vicki

(sorry for the small font.. I couldn't enlarge it..) I'm having a really bad day.

Since it came with your computer, you might also try a Windows Uninstall/ Change / REPAIR.

Before you uninstall it, make certain that you have the disk and key to reinstall it.

Also, depending on what you might need to burn, it's possible that the Windows XP CD burning tool might be all you need if you want to burn CDs.