• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio And Video Out Of Sync After Burning Dvd

kdquenzer

Question

I just created a 30 minute movie for my daughter's equestrian banquet and the mpeg file played perfect but when I burned it to a DVD the audio and video were out of synch and it got worse towards the end of the movie. I finally fixed the problem by splitting the audio and video and manually synchronizing them. There seems to be a patch for version 8 and I was wandering if there is a patch for version 7 to fix this problem.

Please help!

Kenny

3 answers to this question

How do you buring it to an ISO image file first????

This is the long version of a post that I wrote over a year ago. It references slide shows, but the same applies for using movie files:

First of all, it is best to build your slideshow in VideoWave, save it, then click on the burn button, (DVD icon) which will open DVD Builder. Pick DVD for project type, then make any changes that you want for the background picture that will show on the DVD when it comes up, in your set top player. You can make other changes as well, such as what music will play at the Menu screen. Save your production in DVD Builder, too.

Now, click on the burn icon. Uncheck the Burn to DVD option and check the Burn to Image File option. In the Advanced Options, pick best, and also, in the dropdown box, pick whether you want the production to play through or go back to the main menu after each chapter. Also, make sure that NTSC is showing, if you live in the U.S.

Pick a name and location for the ISO file, and click Burn. Once the file is burned, open Disc Copier, click on the Advanced Options, click in the circle to the left of Disc Image or DVD Video Folder, browse for the ISO file that you just made, click on it, and it will load into Disc Copier. You can then burn it to DVD. This ISO option works best, for most.

Prior to doing all of this, defrag your hard drive, get rid of all spyware on your computer, using AdAware or Spybot, and make sure that your DVD burner has the latest firmware update.

I just created a 30 minute movie for my daughter's equestrian banquet and the mpeg file played perfect but when I burned it to a DVD the audio and video were out of synch and it got worse towards the end of the movie. I finally fixed the problem by splitting the audio and video and manually synchronizing them. There seems to be a patch for version 8 and I was wandering if there is a patch for version 7 to fix this problem.

Please help!

Kenny

You could try burning it to an image (ISO) file, first, then to a DVD, using Disc Copier.

Archived