• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creater 2009 Install And Vista X64

CyberCNE

Question

I've been retained to install Creator 2009 on a customers systems, the install works fine on Vista X32 but fails completely on Vista X64. I manually installed .Net FrameWork 3.5 and the Service Pack for FrameWork 3.5, but the install fails and exits while the 3.5 install is going on (gets about half way). I've attempted every trick I know of and I heard through non-Roxio contacts that the program will NOT WORK (at this time) on Vista X64. This is not a minor problem, this is a major one that needs to be resolved ASAP.

3 answers to this question

I've been retained to install Creator 2009 on a customers systems, the install works fine on Vista X32 but fails completely on Vista X64. I manually installed .Net FrameWork 3.5 and the Service Pack for FrameWork 3.5, but the install fails and exits while the 3.5 install is going on (gets about half way). I've attempted every trick I know of and I heard through non-Roxio contacts that the program will NOT WORK (at this time) on Vista X64. This is not a minor problem, this is a major one that needs to be resolved ASAP.

Have you contacted support? While I agree X64 is a troublesome animal, I know it's installed fine on many systems also. I'm sure they have the info that can help you.

And, who are these 'non-Roxio' contacts and where do they get their info?

It was your manual install of .NET SP1 that did you in…

Read this post by PowedByLaser and follow his fix – Here

Let us know if that does the trick?

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Hi,

I didnt have a problem installing on my Vista 64bit..? I did have version 10 on before this 2009 i uninstalled 10 first though. Hve you tried to install in a account with administrator privillages, try compatibility mode, disable your ant-virus, any firewall programs..?