• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Captuing From A Memory Stick

Alanb123

Question

I have used Easy Media Creator 10 to Capture 8MM video. I just bought a memory stick (my sony handy cam can use tape or a memory stick). When I get to the capture page I can see the video that is on the stick on the screen but none of the controls are activated and the words "no media" appear just next to the fast forward button. I am sure their should be a way to capture.

8 answers to this question

The memory stick should be seen by the computer as a hard disk - what happens if you double click on the camera (as if you were opening another drive)?

If that fails, you may have to use the maker's software to actually copy the file over first

Or, you could try using a card reader plug-in adaptor

hmmm. I made some progress - - If I go to "MY Computer" I can see my camera, click on it, and then view my movie. I just can't find the file to copy it to my hard drive.

I believe that, if you want to just copy the contents of the memory stick, to your hard drive, you have to connect the video camera via the USB cable, not the firewire cable.

If I double click I can actually view the movie. I just can't copy and paste the file as a whole.

I can confirm what grandpabruce has posted: you have to connect the camera via USB (and make sure your camera setting is on Camera). I also have a Sony camera with a memory stick. The memory stick will appear as a "hard drive" under Windows Explorer" and you should simply copy the files to your hard drive. With a Firewire connection, you will not see the "memory stick"