Errors In V. 6.1.1.7

ehelene

I have Roxio Easy CD/DVD creator, v. 6.1.1.7. The driver is HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N

When I try to use CD-RWs, I sometimes get an error message that there's no disk in the drive. Othertimes, the computer won't eject the cd because it says "the recorder is busy" when it shouldn't be doing anything. Other times it gets stuck in a loop where the CD window keeps displaying and then closing again.

I was hoping there was an update or something that might fix this problem?? Thanks.

em

I have Roxio Easy CD/DVD creator, v. 6.1.1.7. The driver is HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N

When I try to use CD-RWs, I sometimes get an error message that there's no disk in the drive. Othertimes, the computer won't eject the cd because it says "the recorder is busy" when it shouldn't be doing anything. Other times it gets stuck in a loop where the CD window keeps displaying and then closing again.

I was hoping there was an update or something that might fix this problem?? Thanks.

em

Can we assume its ok when using CD-R's.

em

Hmmmm .... did you make the MISTAKE of formatting the disc?

(If so, more info in FREQUENT ANSWERS, pinned to the top of the board.)

Lynn

Can we assume its ok when using CD-R's.

Yes, that's correct.

Hmmmm .... did you make the MISTAKE of formatting the disc?

(If so, more info in FREQUENT ANSWERS, pinned to the top of the board.)

Lynn

It has been happening with unformatted disks...

Yes, that's correct.

It has been happening with unformatted disks...

Have you tried using a lens-leaner disc? It could be accumulted dust or worse on the lens the laser has to see thru. (You can get them various placaes, altho after I paid $13 for one at Radio Shack, I saw one for $5 at a local mega-drugstore, so shop around.)

If that doesn't work, it is possible the burner may be getting ready for its journey to that great recycling bin in the sky.

Lynn

Have you tried using a lens-leaner disc? It could be accumulted dust or worse on the lens the laser has to see thru. (You can get them various placaes, altho after I paid $13 for one at Radio Shack, I saw one for $5 at a local mega-drugstore, so shop around.)

If that doesn't work, it is possible the burner may be getting ready for its journey to that great recycling bin in the sky.

Lynn

I actually got an external CD-RW and am having the same problem - that's why I'm guessing it's the software rather than hardware.

I actually got an external CD-RW and am having the same problem - that's why I'm guessing it's the software rather than hardware.

I've seen more than a few posts by people having problems with external burners not being properly recognized. (And I'm assuming you have USB 2.0)

Have you tried a lens cleaner?

Lynn

I've seen more than a few posts by people having problems with external burners not being properly recognized. (And I'm assuming you have USB 2.0)

Have you tried a lens cleaner?

Lynn

Not yet - I will do that before I continue.

Archived