thurletta

Axxo.nfo File..what Is It?

Question

Another Toast 7 newbie question:

I was recently given a two-part movie file. Part 1 was named movietitle-aXXo.avi and part two was named movietitle.aXXo.nfo. The avi file (had Quicktime icon) burned perfectly, but to this day I have no idea what the aXXo.nfo file is. Toast would not accept it in the DVD pane; nothing on my Mac would open it with double-clicking. My Mac did suggest opening it with Photoshop, but I was afraid to do that for fear of messing it up.

So, the question is: What is an .nfo file and of what use is it?

I searched all Roxio fora using aXXO but had no luck...that's why I'm posting.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Another Toast 7 newbie question:

I was recently given a two-part movie file. Part 1 was named movietitle-aXXo.avi and part two was named movietitle.aXXo.nfo. The avi file (had Quicktime icon) burned perfectly, but to this day I have no idea what the aXXo.nfo file is. Toast would not accept it in the DVD pane; nothing on my Mac would open it with double-clicking. My Mac did suggest opening it with Photoshop, but I was afraid to do that for fear of messing it up.

So, the question is: What is an .nfo file and of what use is it?

I searched all Roxio fora using aXXO but had no luck...that's why I'm posting.

Thanks in advance.

Duh...never mind. Today, after making a duplicate of the nfo file, it opened readily in TextEdit.

So, just call me "Emily Latella" (from old Saturday Night Live days) and "never mind." :)

The right thing to do is rightclick the NFO file and go to properties, then change the opening Program to NOTEPAD, then click apply.usually an NFO file is an information file with maybe, Instructions etc

Edited by Jeff_M

Some .nfo files contain ascii art that is meant to be viewed with an old-school PC font that has a various grey patterns for certain high-ascii characters.

So if you see lots of .nfo files from various sources, you might want to check out one of the specialized NFO viewer apps that allow you to see the content of the file as it was intended.

E.g., in TextEdit:

nfointexteditdk5.gif

In an NFO viewer app:

nfoinviewerlq0.gif