• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Adding Tracks To Cd-r

thesoddy

Question

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out how to add tracks to a CD-R. I burned a few songs on a CD-R and then wanted to go back and add some more to it. I was told that if - after burning the first songs - if I didn't 'close' out I could then go back and add some more songs. If this is the correct way to do this, I'm not sure what to 'not close out' of? :)

Thanks in advance for any information...

Dan

7 answers to this question

You're right Rich. If Dan wants to make a CD-R disk with audio on it and add more files after a first burn, and then be able to play them later on a set top player, then that's NOT a "multi-session" as I was thinking about. For some reason I thought he had burned some audio files to a CD-R disk just for archiving and then later wanted to add more of the same and not wanting to play them later on a set top player. Big difference that's for sure.

Frank....

You're right Rich. If Dan wants to make a CD-R disk with audio on it and add more files after a first burn, and then be able to play them later on a set top player, then that's NOT a "multi-session" as I was thinking about. For some reason I thought he had burned some audio files to a CD-R disk just for archiving and then later wanted to add more of the same and not wanting to play them later on a set top player. Big difference that's for sure.

Frank....

Does anyone know if this method would work also for adding slide shows to a disk on different days, etc.? I'm trying to make a disk for my son from the time his wife became pregnant, picture of her "enlarging" LOL , showers, bab's birth, etc. However, the baby isn't born yet......so I just don't know how to keep a disk open. I don't want to take the chance of only having the pix on the hard drive in case of a crash. Thanks for any help.

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out how to add tracks to a CD-R. I burned a few songs on a CD-R and then wanted to go back and add some more to it. I was told that if - after burning the first songs - if I didn't 'close' out I could then go back and add some more songs. If this is the correct way to do this, I'm not sure what to 'not close out' of? :)

Dan

On the other hand, computers excepted, many playback devices will not "see" the 2nd and subsequent sessions - it's better to either do it all at once, or, if you don't have as many as you want to burn, save them on the computer until you do have enough.

Anyway, what does a CD-R cost? I've seen them as low as 15 cents each in spindles.

Lynn

Looloo,

To add CDAudio tracks to an audio disc you have to keep the session open.

This method won't work for what you want to do with slideshows. If you need help saving multiple slideshows to a disc at different times, please start a new thread in the forum which covers slideshows and ask for that help.

Sounds like Dan possibly wants to burn a "Multi-session" disc. if that be the case, then in Creator Clasic he should burn the first set of files and DO NOT close the session. Then put the CD back in the drive and go through Creator Classic again and BEFORE adding the second set of files, click on the little Icon just to the left of the Burn Icon ("View and Edit your project settings"). This will then add all of the first set of files to this new project. Then add all of the files you want for the second production, THEN do a second burn. If you close the session on that second burn you will not be able to add any more sesions however.

Frank....

Hello!

Dan

I assume you are burning a standard digital audio cd via the "Audio CD" project option in Creator Classic. If that is not the case, the following comments do not apply to your situation.

As Terry said, by unchecking "read only disc" in the record dialog box, you will record the audio tracks in your project to your media without "closing" or "finalizing" either the session or disc. This is referred to as burning in "track-at-once" mode. The disc will not be playable in most standalone cd players until you finish recording to it and "close" the disc. Since the laser turns off and then back on between tracks, you will have a 2 second blank gap between audio tracks. You can keep adding audio tracks to this cd until it is full, in this manner. When done, you will have to check "read only disc" for the final burn, or close the cd via the "disc and device utility" in order for the disc to be playable on most standalone cd players.

The resulting cd is not a multi-session cd. It is a single session audio cd with multiple tracks and 2 seconds of blank space between each track.

Archived