• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

reretired

Can't Install Video Capture Usb

Question

i'm new, got the capture kit this week, when i tried to install, following directions, it won't work

directions say insert device in usb port, when auto play appears click cancel,insert cd,and install page will appear.

the only thing that appears is the roxio autuplay pop-up. how do i install. the windows says it will find the driver ,but then says failed contact manfu. help

13 answers to this question

I assume you are talking about the Roxio Video Capture USB device???

None of we gurus have seen it so we will have to hope someone from Roxio will stumble in here and give you an answer.

In general it sounds like all you need to do is cancel and insert the disc as the instructions indicate.

If it doesn't Auto-Run, browse to the disc and run Setup.exe. This is just a standard install procedure and I doubt is there is anything out of the ordinary with the Roxio Device.

When the Roxio USB Video Capture device is connected, are you prompted with "Found new hardware"?? As Jim suggested, if you are not prompted with Autorun, do a manual install by browsing the disc and running setup.exe from the driver folder.

When the Roxio USB Video Capture device is connected, are you prompted with "Found new hardware"?? As Jim suggested, if you are not prompted with Autorun, do a manual install by browsing the disc and running setup.exe from the driver folder.

AT THE RISK OF SOUNDING DUMB, I CAN'T GET TO BROWSE THE DISK, WHAT AM I MISSING?

AT THE RISK OF SOUNDING DUMB, I CAN'T GET TO BROWSE THE DISK, WHAT AM I MISSING?

I know you are shouting but please turn off the Caps Lock :rolleyes:

Do you mean that Windows Explorer cannot look at the files on the disc? Can you explore other discs?

I know you are shouting but please turn off the Caps Lock :rolleyes:

Do you mean that Windows Explorer cannot look at the files on the disc? Can you explore other discs?

all i get is the roxio pop-up to copy or burn disk, sounds like i am doing what the nurse was doing,same results. couldn't find a record tab in control panel.

all i get is the roxio pop-up to copy or burn disk, sounds like i am doing what the nurse was doing,same results. couldn't find a record tab in control panel.

You are missing basic computer 101 :unsure:

Do you have anyone who knows something about PCs that can stop by and work with you?

If not you will need to call Roxio Tech Support and have them walk you through this over the phone.

I had the same problem. Apparently Digital River, the company handling orders for Roxio was shipping the wrong CD containing old drivers. After receiving the correct driver the device installed OK

However, I just logged in to inquire about an audio problem or other instructions regarding the use of this device. I am having a problem with audio but I will start a new thread.

Yup, I had the same problem -- they shipped me the old Pinnacle drivers. I went in circles a little bit with support but they finally got me the correct drivers and it installed and worked without problems.

Just received my Roxio Video Capture USB and as seems to be the norm, they sent the wrong drivers. Janson on the customer service chat line was most helpful - "Please contact Digital River directly regarding this issue." And with that he immediately logged off before I could bother him further. I thought I bought this item from Roxio but in checking I found that even though I was on the Roxio site, I purchased from Sonic Solutions. I went to Sonic Solutions site, went to customer service, and ended up back on the Roxio site. I called Digital River and was put on hold forever.

My real beef is that when someone screws up (and from the earlier posts this has been going on for a few weeks) they should make it right, without causing the guy, who already paid his money, to struggle to get what was paid for.

I guess I'll try Digital River again in my spare? time, before I call the credit card company.

Well, I feel better.

Have a nice day.

Just received my Roxio Video Capture USB and as seems to be the norm, they sent the wrong drivers. Janson on the customer service chat line was most helpful - "Please contact Digital River directly regarding this issue." And with that he immediately logged off before I could bother him further. I thought I bought this item from Roxio but in checking I found that even though I was on the Roxio site, I purchased from Sonic Solutions. I went to Sonic Solutions site, went to customer service, and ended up back on the Roxio site. I called Digital River and was put on hold forever.

My real beef is that when someone screws up (and from the earlier posts this has been going on for a few weeks) they should make it right, without causing the guy, who already paid his money, to struggle to get what was paid for.

I guess I'll try Digital River again in my spare? time, before I call the credit card company.

Well, I feel better.

Have a nice day.

Don't think anyone can argue. Someone has screwed up shipping the wrong drivers which shouldn't have happened at all. I think the drivers should be available on the support pages for download.

Don't think anyone can argue. Someone has screwed up shipping the wrong drivers which shouldn't have happened at all. I think the drivers should be available on the support pages for download.

Can you tell me whether you have had any resolution to the problems you have stated? I am consdiering purchasing this product for similar reasons.

Thanks

:rolleyes:

The correct drivers were sent with the device that I received so looks like the snafu has been corrected.

I must have been one of the first to buy this USB device and receive the wrong driver cd. After talking to Digital River and receiving the correct drivers I have been successful copying my old tapes. Yes, I am happy with the device and once installed it is easy to use with Creator 9. At the risk of the ire of some of the Roxio apologists on this site, I still have a problem with the lack of documentation from Roxio and their premature release of product! Oh, I have since received a second device and CD.